• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pass signal from DHT500SD via optical through Denon 1930 via HDMI to Plasma?

princeofdarknes

Standard Member
This may be a really silly question but here goes..

I have a Denon 1930 upscaling DVD with HDMI connected to my Pioneer plasma. I have just bought a DHT500SD mainly for the satellite speakers but I thought I would try the amp out before buying one with HDMI.

Everywhere I have read the conventional connection is component to TV for the best signal but I wonder if I can go from the amp direct to the TV with optical, if not, can use my 1930 to pass the video back via optical through the 1930 and then to the TV via HDMI?

One big motivator is I have a HDMI buried in the wall so I ideally want to keep trailing cables out of reach of my toddlers..

Am I barking up wrong tree?

mentm

Prominent Member
Optical will only carry audio

princeofdarknes

Standard Member
Ok cheers mentm.
Any chance the video can go through the 1930 via component and to the TV via HDMI?

Also I take it that the optical out of the TV will deliver audio directly to the DHT500SD but can this again be sent down the HDMI to the 1930 then through to the DHT500SD via optical?

I have an optical lead to patch between the two players and an HDMI to the TV but need to know what the minimum is I now need to buy

Still clutching at straws...

mentm

Prominent Member
The denon 1930 dvd player only has video outputs no inputs.

Your 1930 dvd and tv will need to be connected to your surround sound seperately, unless your tv can take a hdmi input and output it over optical, you could try this or check the instructions.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom