Party Speakers/Home Cinema

Hilleh123456

Novice Member
Hello Everyone,

First post here so I do hope I am in the right section. I'm under a bit of time pressure which is why I am turning to this forum for candid advice.

My situation is as follows; I am excited to say that I am getting married this summer and the celebratory occasion will include day-time activities centered around a pool, of which an essential ingredient will be a party-style musical atmosphere. It's a large, open area so the first requirement for the speaker(s) will be POWER. I am also looking for clarity and tonal definition ..I'm all about that bass.. but looking for some treble too.

I was considering the Diamondboxx 2XL (XL2 - The King 1000 Watts 14 Speakers Deep Bass) and frankly it would be perfect for the occasion, however, as I am not going to use it regularly after the wedding event I am reluctant to spend such an amount on a one-time-use accessory despite how important music is.

Which lead me to think, I've always wanted a quality home cinema system (or a speaker system that serves movies well) and have been looking into KEF and alike but to be honest I'm a bit lost.

In essence I am looking to justify a relatively high expenditure on a speaker system (for my budget) of around £800-1200 that can be used to power the party but also have the long-term benefit of home use for both music and movie viewing (ideally later the option with the ability to have surround sound) complimenting my existing projector.

I realize I am asking for quite a balance here, any one got some suggestions? Very much appreciated if so! Cheers.

gibbsy

For an important occasion such as a wedding would it not make more sense to try and hire speakers or PA system. It's then done and dusted for the day and you will not be left with big speakers that may prove to be a white elephant.

Depending on the room you want to use in your home for listening the discreet passive systems available today are very good and would certainly look a lot neater than the ones needed to keep a wedding party happy.

Hilleh123456

Novice Member
Hey thanks for the response Gibbsy, at the moment I am struggling to find a rental option (the wedding is in Italy and language barrier is proving an issue), I suppose ideally I was looking even to put the rental costs towards something that would eventually be my own.

I'm still searching for options, I'm just wondering whether a decent set of floor speakers will have a reasonable level of power.

Cheers!

gibbsy

Passive speakers are influenced by a number of factors, not least the amount of outright power that any amp can provide. Room dimensions are also fairly critical, especially if you are hoping to raise the volume above that of a crowd of party goers. Passives on that front are never going to be able to compete with a PA system. A large party like a wedding may very well be better off in the hands of the professionals.

gibbsy

Think he said pool side so why would room dimensions be important.
Because he wants to use it indoors in the future and that's where room dimensions will play a far greater part. I stand by my initial remarks that I believe the two reasons he wants it are incompatible with each other and that the wedding be best left with professionals, or equipment hired.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom