Party Invitation ideas/templates

Orson

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My daughter is turning 16 in a months time :eek: and she's having a party. Foolishly, I thought that popping into the local stationary shop to buy a pack of invites would be fine, but it appears that is not so :rolleyes:. They are all a bit childish, and so she'd like some cool/trendy party invites to send out.

So I'm looking for some templates I can use or get ideas from. I thought about a concert ticket type format, but any suggestions/images/links would be great :smashin:.

Now I'm okay with a PC & have a graphics package, which I know how to use, so putting something together shouldn't be a problem, and I've got a colour laser printer & decent paper, so the finished article should look okay, but I'm no designer, and have no idea what to start with.

So if anyone can help, it will be appreciated.

Surely facebook is the answer ;)

A friend of ours issued a concert backstage pass style invite with ACCESS ALL AREAS on them, quite cool.

Mate, no one does party invites any more...

Create a Facebook Event and send it out. Simple as :smashin:

Haven't there been problems in the past with party invites on facebook and then the whole town turning up?

Haven't there been problems in the past with party invites on facebook and then the whole town turning up?

I've used facebook invites a few times and they are very effective providing you set up the privacy options specifically to your event type. It is true you can publicise to all and sundry, but its also true that you can invite only named people and only they can view the invite, to the point its never shown on anyone's public profile. Its very flexible.

Reminds me of something I've been meaning to suggest to you. Next time your neighbours fire up the "music", bash out a Facebook invitation on their behalf. Given that that appear so keen to share. :devil:

Edit
Sorry OP, way OT. :blush:

Last edited:
Toasty said:
A friend of ours issued a concert backstage pass style invite with ACCESS ALL AREAS on them, quite cool.

I don't suppose you have an image by any chance. Unfortunately I'm too old & uncool to know what a real backstage pass looks like :)

Facebook... sorry, I'm in the Luddite camp when it comes to that. And I've only just allowed my daughter to have access to it, so she could send some out, but from what I understand, Facebook users don't get out much :D

But seriously, that would limit the invitees to just facebook users, so we'd still need to send some out to others, the non-Facebook users. And I would be worried that it would go all wrong, and we'd end up getting half the town there. And in my town, that's not advisable.

I've looked at the other links thank you, but they all seem a bit 'kid-like', and I couldn't find anything more up to date.

So if anyone has any more... :smashin:

Bit of paper with date,time and address on.Thats what we do anyway,and word of mouth.:smashin:

Just an idea ,but to save even more money,have you considered using old envelopes ? and if your really lucky you might find a stamp that has not been franked and you could use it again :eek: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just an idea ,but to save even more money,have you considered using old envelopes ? and if your really lucky you might find a stamp that has not been franked and you could use it again :eek: :thumbsup:

Who said anything about postage,lol:eek:.Just hand um out,i have loads like that so it probably is quite common,its the party thats gotta be good,not the invite:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom