1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parts Needed

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Swampy56, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Swampy56

Swampy56

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All

I have aquired a Sony VPH-1031Q projector at the modist price of free. It was attatched to the cieling and working great. All I had to do is get it down and take it home. I will not be able to hang it from the cieling at my house or have it set at a 100 inch screen size. So I need to set it up for 72in. viewing. Now that I have made all of the other internal settings and they went great and it even still works. But now I need to set the lenses and CRTs to project at 72 inch.

So I have just ripped apart the 1031Q projector to set it up for a 72 inch projection.

Everything was going great until I got to the part of changing the spacers behind the CRTs. Well guess what? I have no spacers to change from a 100 inch setting to a 72 inch.

Does anyone have any ideas what I should do or where I can get the spacers needed for the switch to a 72 inch screen? :lease:

Thanks Tons
    Duane :smashin:

2. nathsea

nathsea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I also have a 1031qm, and have often wondered were to get these from.

Have you seen this site, www.avsforum.com , there is a huge following over there for this pj, and there are ways around getting the spacers if you do a search, i think somebody suggests using plastic washers, anyhow have a look, and if you decide to give it a shot or if you hear of any spacers going then let me know!

I haven`t tried the "washer mod" yet as I`m still building my room....

Nathan

3. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

If you talk to Sony (Pro) in Basingstoke they can probably get their nearest agent to supply you with these. I bought a set about 5 years ago for my 1031 for about £50 (I think).

Brian

4. dillonc

dillonc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey I just got a vph 1031q myself and was looking to increase the screen size to a 100 inch. I have been reading the manuals and trying to figure out the process, and came across the same issue of spacers? Did you ever find a place to get spacers or did the washer mod work? Any insight or experience in increasing the screen size would be appreciated! I'm not sure if I even need spacers as 100 inch is supposed to be the factory default?

Thanks

Chris

5. Mad Mr H

Mad Mr H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    Post a picture of the spacers you have...........

Usually these are just a shim set 0.1, 0.2 0.3 .5mm thick are adjust the "Scheimpflug" angle of the lens..........

You can to this by hand.

The PJ will align without them BUT for the best picture then use them.

It does make a differance, and conv. is better with them OR a substitute.......