Partner/wifes birthday gifts

gwyper

Prominent Member
Reaction score
How much do you usually spend on your other half on their birthday? Does this amount vary year by year, go up or go down depending on disposable income?

What type of things do you buy?

A thread is needed for some extra inspiration!

I buy my Mrs a box of chocolates and a Card. She buys me a bar of Peppermint Aero and a card. Nothing to do with budget etc., :)

Ye usually depends on what's in the bank. Last year I got her the iPhone 5. I buy her things all year round anyway, new laptop last week, Clothes etc. She doesn't work but she doesn't rely on me all the time to help her out.

i got my wife the iphone 5 last year also. Birthday in september so it was just the newest thing that i could buy.
we dont have a budget. my birthday i get a card as i buy anything i want so it annoys her. the cost of the item is not what mine is bothered about. its the thought yeah cheesy but the year before last i booked her in to an all day pampering at one of the local exclusive hotels near me.

It just gets hard with having two little kids, one being 9 months old.

I'm in a similar situation as we have twins that have just turned one and finding time to browse about is difficult. Saying that I have a few gifts, no massive ones like iPhones and think I have most if not all bases covered. Going to pick a few things up at lunch time, but just looking for some last minute inspiration before I head out :)

so hard with kids. yeah I know that you can get a sitter but when she had the pampering day my youngest was only a couple of months so was sleeping most the time. actually just realised i did the pampering for mothers day.

anyway know we prefer to do some small thing like take the kids out and make it a family day. with some some thing for each other.

think we have grown out of big things, the iphone was really to upgrade her old phone.

just be with her for the day and its enough. I tell my wife every day how lucky she is! :)
secretly she knows it

I bought my wife clothes on her last birthday! It was just after the birth of our 2nd baby, so i took on the challenge of new outfits. Went down a storm, but i would never do it again, the stress of clothes shopping is one thing, the looks from the staff is another...!! :suicide:

Been together 44yrs this year and neither of us bother with presents just cards , seems to work for us .

Usually £200/£250 or so.

Now we have a mortgage and bills to pay though that amount may go down!

A card and 2 new Brugo flasks.........rock and roll! :thumbsup:

I bought my girlfriend an alcoholics anonymous gift voucher she drinks that much wine...

I bought my girlfriend an alcoholics anonymous gift voucher she drinks that much wine...

So do you want cremating or a standard burial.....:D

I'm in a similar situation as we have twins that have just turned one and finding time to browse about is difficult. Saying that I have a few gifts, no massive ones like iPhones and think I have most if not all bases covered. Going to pick a few things up at lunch time, but just looking for some last minute inspiration before I head out :)

If you have twins how about a nice spa day gift so she can relax :)

I bought my wife clothes on her last birthday! It was just after the birth of our 2nd baby, so i took on the challenge of new outfits. Went down a storm, but i would never do it again, the stress of clothes shopping is one thing, the looks from the staff is another...!! :suicide:

PLEASE tell me you asked where the fitting rooms were :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom