1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partner-Friendly paint scheme

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cj, Nov 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    My new HC room (with BD808s) will be ready for painting in a few weeks, so I need to start thinking about wall and ceiling colours. It will also double as a living room, so black/black probably won't make it past the girlfriend-approval stage. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Colin

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +644
    It really depends on your surrroundings , is it a modern place, victorian, cottage ??

one of the best things on the net is the Dulux mouse painter, on the uk website, it lets you choose any of there colours available and paint a room so you can see what coulours go well together.

I have gone with coffee and cream colours, sounds better than Brown ;)

Dark brown on the screen wall, and then slightly lighter shade on side walls and ceiling, with cream rear wall and cream leather chairs and sofa to tie it all together.
    My wife really didnt like the sound of this until I showed here the colour scheme on the dulux mouse painter and now she cant wait till it's done.

good luck.

3. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    It's an old (200 year) cottage, although the new room is going to be modern inside (16 downlighters, 4 uplighters) and we've already ordered pillar-box red leather sofas - that will teach us to go for a drink whilst sofa-shopping :)

Thanks for the site info - I'll give it a whirl.

4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Thanks for the tip about Mouse Painter. Unfortunately I just keep getting the messgae "Server Validation Failed"after choosing room type. Did you have any problems accessing it?

5. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +644
    i havent had any problems with it at all.

maybe it was down at the time, try it again later, it is an excellent idea and really helps you save money, my original choice of colours that i was going to go with looked awful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.