Partitions X Y Z

H

Henhead

What are partitions X, Y and Z for on my xbox hard drive? all three contain 786mb?

is it ok to write to these partitions, because they would be hand for keeping my roms in them for my emulators :D

Kebabhead

Distinguished Member
What are partitions X, Y and Z for on my xbox hard drive? all three contain 786mb?

is it ok to write to these partitions, because they would be hand for keeping my roms in them for my emulators :D

These are cache folders and as such you should'nt use them

Your primary folders you should be using are F: & (if you have it) G:

triplea4uk

E
F
G

They are the partitions you can use to store files but if you use E remember this is limited in size 5gb which is also shared for saves and custom soundtracks so if you have F or G it is better to use them as they will be larger.

nathankw

How do you get an F drive or is it a question of either you have it or you don't. I don't particularly want to go to the hassle of putting in a different drive - I mainly stream off my PC. I little extra space would be useful though.

I've read that some xboxs have 10gb hard drives but 2gb aren't initially available. Can I use those 2gig (if I have them) as an F drive?

thanks,

n

bonzobanana

How do you get an F drive or is it a question of either you have it or you don't. I don't particularly want to go to the hassle of putting in a different drive - I mainly stream off my PC. I little extra space would be useful though.

I've read that some xboxs have 10gb hard drives but 2gb aren't initially available. Can I use those 2gig (if I have them) as an F drive?

thanks,

n

Thats exactly what the F drive is. I use the 2gig+ space for emulators and roms and it goes a long way with hundreds of nes, megadrive, snes and n64 games. I normally keep one full game the hard drive which is on the E drive. Obviously I'm limited to games that are only about 4gig in size or less.

I think all the 1.6 version xboxes have 10gig drives which are the ones Argos were selling for £49.99 with 4 top games. Generally the 1.6 xboxes are seen as inferior to the earlier versions but the extra 2gig is one of the few bonuses of owning one.

nathankw

Well I've got one of the brand new argos ones (great deal!) so hopefully have the 10gb drive. But my F drive shows as unavailable.

Do I have to do anything to access it?

triplea4uk

it might need formatting or enabling which dashboard does it show as unavailable?

Things like XBMC lets you look up information about XB so you can find out make and model to know if it is 10gb.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom