1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partition Walls and Wall Mounting

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Drifty, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Drifty

Drifty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My house is a new build and as such, the internal walls are basically partitions.

I wanted to ask if anyone else has wallmounted their TV (32" LCD) on an internal partition wall and if so what bracket did you use and did you need to take any extra precautions when fitting - special wall plugs, etc.

I'm happy to go with a stand as a last resort, but I was kinda hoping to get the TV up on the wall.

Any help, advice or tips?

Cheers - Drifty.

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I posted some information and pictures when I mounted my Loewe Xelos SL 32" on to an internal stud partition wall - property late 1960's. The display is still rock steady. The Xelos wallmount is propriortry and the Loewe is overweight for its size so it gives some idea on how strong a mount can be even when using a single stud and suitable batten. If you do look at the photos, I think that the size is deceptive - it is a 6"x2" batten and I used large M8 x 60mm coachbolts and the supplied screws for the back plate. The wallmount itself is 11"x6". I think my biggest tips are to survey the wall for studs and noggins, pre drill the holes and make sure that all A/C power is disconnected in the area - my stud finder had an A/C power finder that was indicating mains radiation from the wall but would not accurately pin point it.

-Ian

3. Drifty

Drifty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Top man Ian, I'll take a look at the info...Thanks again and have a good weekend

Drifty