For Sale Partington Super Dreadnought Speaker Stands & Atacama Atabites

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Dr Benway, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Dr Benway

Dr Benway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    I'm selling my pair of Partington Super Dreadnought speaker stands in a dark graphite finish.

Chances are you know what you are looking at but if you’re new to these stands, they have long been considered the go-to speaker stand for many, many years; regardless of the speaker you use.

They are in almost perfect physical condition as they have only sat in my music room since I bought them. They are a little dusty from being in storage so will be cleaned prior to sale.
    I have changed to floorstanding speakers which is why they are now surplus to requirements.

They come complete with floor spikes as well as an unused tub of Atacama Atabites which you can use to tune the stands to your individual requirements. These are £30 on their own. The stands currently retail for £250.

Here are some details from Partington regarding the stands.

The Partington Super Dreadnought are an award winning speaker stand, a no compromise design at an affordable price that will bring out the best sound from your bookshelf speakers. They are just at home in a stereo system as they are supporting the front or rear channel speakers in a 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel home cinema system.

As with other stands in the Partington range, the Super Dreadnoughts are precision built using laser cut panels, with 1 inner and 4 outer tubes, offering excellent rigidity and vibration control. The base plate is pre-filled using Partingtons unique resin and silicon-iron damping system.
    These are an excellent choice for supporting most normal sized bookshelf speakers and are the most popular stands in the Partington range.

The Super Dreadnought can be filled to dampen them and improve their sound deadening ability. This also allows you to "adjust" the level of bass in your room where the stands are situated. By filling them fully, maximum bass response is realised from your speakers, so we recommend filling them half way, listening to your speakers where you have them situated and then adjusting the position of the stands and/or filling them incrementally more until you are happy with the level of bass.

Given the size, weight and quality of the finish, these are collection only. Sending these would be very expensive due to size and weight, even if they were wrapped up safely.
    I travel with work all over the Midlands so may be able to meet you to collect.

Price and currency: £90
    Delivery: Goods must be exchanged in person
    Payment method: Cash
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Attached Files:

2. Dr Benway

Dr Benway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
  3. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +916
    Ever travel towards Worcester way?

4. Dr Benway

Dr Benway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Occasionally. Whereabouts in Worcester?

5. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +916
  6. Dr Benway

Dr Benway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    That’s not far from me at all. I can drop by pretty much anytime.