Partial re-ratraction of statement "do not buy NEC1000"

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by eugdog, Oct 1, 2003.

1. eugdog

eugdog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I made an earlier posting urging people not to buy the Nec1000 ht because it gave a severely distorted picture after less then 1 hour of playing.

The replacement projector also had the same problem but would occur after about 2 hours.

It is apparent that this is due to over heating. I had to determine this myself as niether the NEC engineers could determine the cause and the overheating light failed to activate.

I can overcome the problem by putting a fan next to the projector.

It is because I need to put a fan next to the projector that I can only offer a partial retraction. I find rather unstatisfactory that the fan inside the projector cannot cope (even on high speed mode!) under normal operating activities and the overheating light failed.

I should point that it does give an outstanding picture arguabley the best buy under £3500. So subject to the above proviso I retract my previous posting urging people not the buy the NEC 1000HT.

2. Mirablo

Mirablo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You must have a toasty room

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Considering no other HT1000 owner has complained of overheating problems in eco mode, let alone high speed fan mode, the one must surmise that there are some unusual circumstances with your room causing this.

Have you taken the temperature at ceiling level in the room? Do you have any air movement from open windows, ceiling fans, whatever? Is it an attic room or similar where heat will accumulate at ceiling level?

Whilst I for one can fully appreciate how annoying it must be I just cannot believe this is a problem with the HT1000 per se but rather with your environment. And I say this from having had several HT1000 units on demo for several days at a time.