Parks and Recreation

They should have had Amy on the chat/radio show circuit here, because people will love her
I also would love to see AP over here. She be great on something like QI or Graham Norton
At last, Amy's a guest on a UK show! Next Friday night's The Last Leg at 10pm on Channel 4
- possibly over here to promote Parks & Rec on Dave or Wet Hot American Summer on Netflix ... but whatever the reason it's great to see her receiving wider exposure over here, and hope to see/hear her on other things - just a shame Norton's now on his summer break

EDIT ... looks like she's here promoting her new Disney Pixar film, Inside Out, going by this interview in today's Guardian ...

Last edited:
Season 4 premieres on Dave on Monday July 27 at 8pm with a double-bill

Didn't see this was back on.

Nice run of episodes now to look forward to.

Shame they aren't doing seasons 4-7 straight through though.

Finally broke my long standing stance of never paying for digital content and just purchased the complete series in HD for £11.99 at Google Play (do have plenty of legal digital content but are from free vouchers/Google reward points/blu-ray UV codes/Amazon autorips). Also bought the complete 30 Rock and Psych series for that price each, and The Office (US) complete series for £15.99 - all HD.

I loved this show pretty much right from the off. The last season was arguably the weakest but still good.

Also loving The Good Place which is worth a look if you like this.

Yep, caught all of The Good Place - wish its seasons weren't so forking short. Back for a third season in September (13 eps again). Brooklyn Nine-Nine, being of the same pedigree, is damned excellent too.

My daughter has recommended Brooklyn Nine-Nine but not watched it yet.

I also like The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Krish you're a novice member too at the moment. I've been going backwards and forwards between novice and distinguished all day. We can't give any ratings when we're like this.

Bri

32214729_830318327162822_8011389900089720832_o.jpg

@raigraphixs I was sure you had started a thread on Nick and Amy's new reality show, Making It (original working title - The Handmade Project), many months ago, but perhaps I just projected reading about it months ago on to you.
[EDIT ... in fact I just projected info from that earlier Ellen clip I posted, plus your preceding story link, on to you]

Premieres this Tuesday, 31st July on NBC.

ABOUT THE SHOW

From executive producers and hosts Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman comes a uniquely lighthearted competition series reuniting two of pop culture's biggest BFFs and celebrating the creativity and craftiness in all of us.

In this six-episode competition, eight of the most talented makers from across the country will take on a variety of handmade projects with the hopes of impressing Poehler, Offerman and our expert judges, Simon Doonan and Dayna Isom Johnson. Poehler and Offerman both share a love of, and passion for, craftsmanship, albeit from different perspectives. Poehler is a self-proclaimed crafting novice who has long harbored a secret appreciation for those who can imagine and execute incredible things by hand. Offerman is a New York Times best-selling author in the woodworking space and is well known for his love for making a variety of objects himself.

Every show will revolve around a central theme that draws inspiration from hugely popular, nationwide trends in crafting and DIY the whole family can enjoy.

Each episode of the competition will consist of two projects that allow the makers to demonstrate their specialized talent while sharing skilled insights and touching personal stories. First, the "faster-craft" round will be a timed challenge that will test their ability to not only work quickly but imaginatively as well. Next, the makers will move to the "master craft collection," a one-of-a-kind themed challenge in which the competitors will need to use their expertise and get inventive in order to assemble a winning craft that fits the theme of that week.

Blending the atmosphere of a serene outdoor setting and innovative cinematography designed to showcase the beautiful craftsmanship at work, this friendly competition will focus on the character and camaraderie of the crafting community, and through it all, Amy and Nick will provide heartfelt encouragement, guidance and plenty of laughs.

Last edited:
@krish no worries just create a new show thread so we can use it.

View attachment 1044467

@raigraphixs I was sure you had started a thread on Nick and Amy's new reality show, Making It (original working title - The Handmade Project), many months ago, but perhaps I just projected reading about it months ago on to you.
[EDIT ... in fact I just projected info from that earlier Ellen clip I posted, plus your preceding story link, on to you]

Premieres this Tuesday, 31st July on NBC.

^^^ tbh I think the show will have limited appeal, feels a little quaint
- will see how I feel after ep 1, and either post here or new thread based on what I think of it

Last edited:
Just finished re-watching this in its entirety, I don't think I'd seen all of seasons 6 and 7, so there were new episodes to me, but it's brilliant. It does get a bit cute and fairy tale toward the end, but some of the satire is quite on the nose till the end. Social media, fast food, voter apathy, etc is all handled very well and holds up a mirror to the absurdities of life..

Yep one of the all time great comedies for me this. Especially some of the earlier episodes. Who shot Ron always springs to mind :laugh:

I bought the entire series on Google Play a while back for about £12. Think it was last Black Friday actually. One of my best ever investments! Will no doubt watch it all over again at some point.

I bought the entire series on Google Play a while back for about £12. Think it was last Black Friday actually. One of my best ever investments! Will no doubt watch it all over again at some point.
Snap! :smashin:
- March this year for me ...
Finally broke my long standing stance of never paying for digital content and just purchased the complete series in HD for £11.99 at Google Play (do have plenty of legal digital content but are from free vouchers/Google reward points/blu-ray UV codes/Amazon autorips). Also bought the complete 30 Rock and Psych series for that price each, and The Office (US) complete series for £15.99 - all HD.

I do want to watch the US Office again, but doesn't appear to be available on the main UK streaming services. 30 rock I've never really got into and I enjoyed what I've seen of Psych, one of those series that I could never find a regular showing on any channels/services I use..

I do want to watch the US Office again, but doesn't appear to be available on the main UK streaming services. 30 rock I've never really got into and I enjoyed what I've seen of Psych, one of those series that I could never find a regular showing on any channels/services I use..
Shoots and scores, US office now on Prime :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom