Parks and Recreation (Season 5) NBC

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Sept. 20th

Lucy Lawless (Spartacus) to appear in a multiple-episode arc, she will play a single mom Diane in Pawnee who turns to the Parks Department to help with a neighborhood problem. After Ron and Andy are dispatched to help her, Andy picks up on the chemistry between Lawless' character and Ron.

Blimey, season 5 already (and back this Thu :smashin:) ... doesn't seem that long ago when we heard about the untitled Amy Poehler project / spin-off from The Office

EDIT ...

Just saw these month old Olympic flavoured goodies on NBC's YouTube channel (thought I'd include the last one too as it was part of the set)

Last edited:
Episode 1: Ms. Knope Goes to Washington

Good episode

"is this the train from Back To The Future 3?" :D

Last edited:
A (possible deleted) scene from tomorrow night's US episode of Parks and Recreation in which Patton Oswalt delivers a 8-min 'improvised' pitch for the next Star Wars film.

Season 6 to address Andy's new abs (his role in Guardians of The Galaxy)

Showrunner Mike Schur;
“There is a joke that I wrote in the premiere that I think we'll probably shoot that is a little tiny acknowledgement or nod to the fact that he looks very different to the way he normally looks. I don't think beyond a little joke about it that we'll end up doing anything significant. We're not going to suddenly say that Andy became a fitness nut because that doesn't ring true.”

Amy Poehler is the guest on Jeff Garlin's latest podcast (By The Way, In Conversation with Jeff Garlin podcast on Earwolf)
Amy Poehler, episode #15 of By The Way, In Conversation with Jeff Garlin on Earwolf

Jeff could not believe that Amy Poehler existed the first time they met. Amy explains why the podcast is like the new student film, shares some of the cool questions her children ask her, and tells us what kind of advice the older version of herself would give her present self. It’s a delightful conversation filled with talk of writing, bar mitzvahs, and public nudity.
[ame="http://soundcloud.com/jeffgarlin/amy-poehler"]Amy Poehler by BTW with Jeff Garlin on SoundCloud[/ame]

EDIT ...
Earlier podcast with Aziz Ansari
Aziz Ansari, episode #13 of By The Way, In Conversation with Jeff Garlin on Earwolf

Jeff is overjoyed that Aziz Ansari remains to be an amazingly hilarious stand-up comedian and that his future will be nothing short of prolific. Aziz shares stories from starting out as a new eager comic at the age of 18 in New York, tells us about his bizarre experience performing at the Gator Growl, and explains what he means by recently “quitting the internet.” Plus, Jeff crowns Aziz as the best dressed stand-up comedian and Aziz finally gets something off his chest.
[ame="http://soundcloud.com/jeffgarlin/aziz-ansari"]Aziz Ansari by BTW with Jeff Garlin on SoundCloud[/ame]

Last edited:
I've been watching this on and off on Netflix. Think I'm on season 3, but don't really have the same appetite for it as I did for the early seasons of The US Office. I do like Amy Poehler and the guy that plays Andy and Ron Swanson, not too fussed about the rest of them. It feels like it's missing a Dwight Schrute.

I was only three quarters of the way through season 2, not 3 as I thought. I stuck with it though and have to say I'm well into it now at Season 3 episode 16. I can't be the only guy that thinks Ron Swanson is a hero and for me the absolute scene stealer is Jean-Ralphio, he cracks me up. April is also hilarious so I watched Aubrey Plaza's interviews on youtube, and you don't see such deadpan delivery too often from an American.

Glad I stuck with it now.

Yep, continuing straight on from the end of Season 4's weekly double-bills. They already confirmed this back in June, along with the news that Seasons 6 and 7 (the final season) will air together on Dave next Summer.
Seasons 4 and 5 will air on the channel from Monday, July 27, while seasons 6 and 7 will follow in summer 2016.

Alexandra Finlay, Head of Acquisitions for UKTV, said: "We're delighted to extend our partnership with NBCUniversal on this deal.

"As an award-winning comedy with a superb cast, Parks and Recreation is a fantastic addition to Dave's scripted acquisition slate."

Only just discovered Parks and Rec through Amazon Prime but boy am I glad I did.

I think it really takes off by Season 2, due to the aforementioned character development. By S2 I think you're right behind the characters, even Gary/Gerry/Larry. However, my absolute new TV hero is Ron Swanson almost everything he says is a gem and scene-stealer.

I think it's the best ensemble comedy for years with a fantastic chemistry making it an enjoyable combination of satire and colleagues/friends relationship humour. The retooling of it for Season 2 along with the
addition of Chris Traeger and Ben Wyatt at the end of the season (combined with the removal of Mark Brendanawicz, a fairly pointless character)
was a masterstroke.

I can't believe season 5 is only just being aired in the UK.

3 1/2 years after US broadcast.

This is why so many use Unblock US and similar - I've now finished Parks and Rec on Netflix but this and The Office have been badly overlooked by UK broadcasters.

REMINDER ... on Dave tonight 11pm-12am

Btw, Amy was on The Jonathan Ross Show last Saturday (13th Feb, S10 ep7), along with Sacha Baron Cohen (as himself), Stephen Fry and Romesh Ranganathan - still available on demand

Though not there to plug Parks & Rec, they did talk about it but, rather bizarrely, neither knew what UK channel it might be on ... so nice work Dave/UKTV!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom