Parkinson last night...Sky+

M

Multiplex

Oh dear. My new Sky+ box shows "FAILED" for its recording of Parkinson last night. Why oh why did it have to fail on such an good programme that never gets repeated?

Did it happen to anyone else?

Simon.

Starburst

Novice Member
It's amazingly common for BBC1 programming to fail to record for many SKY+ users, more so than any other individual channel but unfortunatley it doesn't affect everyone which makes troubleshooting very difficult. Well that's what I assume since both the BBC and SKY seem to be at a loss to fully explain the situation:(

BBC info here. although it's not very imformative.

TheBigApple

I had a couple of failed recordings and some recordings suffering from picture break up.

I'm not technically minded when it comes to Sky+ so this might just be coincidence, but I noticed that the connector for input 2 on the back of the box was loose, so I tightened it up and hey presto no more failed recordings since.

WeirdFish

I got only 5 mins of Parky. It just said end of recording!

:confused:

PatrickS

Standard Member
Just checked and my recording is complete. I am still on the software version before dual record and it does seem to be more stable in use with an upgraded 120gb hard disk.

cliveg

WierdFish,

I've had this problem a couple of times on various programmes....went back to the planner, checked it had recorded for the full time, pressed play and it was ok!! Strange! Not sure why it happened.

Clive G

WeirdFish

Originally posted by cliveg
WierdFish,

I've had this problem a couple of times on various programmes....went back to the planner, checked it had recorded for the full time, pressed play and it was ok!! Strange! Not sure why it happened.

Clive G

Oops, too late now :blush:

:laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom