Parking near double yellow lines

the_fall_guy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Is it the whole car which has to be clear of the lines, or is it just the wheels?

Just parked my car near double yellow lines and the wheels are approx. 6 inches clear but the front of the car overhangs the lines by about 2 or 3 inches.

Is it the whole car which has to be clear of the lines, or is it just the wheels?

Just parked my car near double yellow lines and the wheels are approx. 6 inches clear but the front of the car overhangs the lines by about 2 or 3 inches.

In london you would get a ticket for that, My wife got done a few months back as her wheels where 1 inch over the white box and "on the road" its just yet anouther form of taxation...

I think you should be okay. wheels inside the box.
the 1 inch over the box was also winnable IMV..

How would you feel if a lorry hit it by "about two or three inches"?

My last two parking fines in Central London have been appealed and won! If in doubt consult pepipoo! Both diffferent cases to yours, but yours is definitely contestable

Half the central london carpark bays arnt even big enough. I use to do alot of work in london and you try parking a van in one of those bays, it just aint happening, never got a ticket though but 20p parking for 5 minutes is a joke when your on site for hours.

I think it was on the Tonight program a few weeks ago that someone in London got a parking ticket through the post (they were 'caught' on CCTV) for stopping for about 8 seconds to let a bendy bus pass, or give the bus right of way, i dont quite remember :eek: :suicide:

I think it was on the Tonight program a few weeks ago that someone in London got a parking ticket through the post (they were 'caught' on CCTV) for stopping for about 8 seconds to let a bendy bus pass, or give the bus right of way, i dont quite remember :eek: :suicide:

its causing a real problem in London, allot of people wont move for emergency service vehicles now as so many have been done for going into a bus lane or box junction but best of all is creeping over a red light to let them past this gives you 3 points as well for your public spirit :mad:

I wont move for them now.

its causing a real problem in London, allot of people wont move for emergency service vehicles now as so many have been done for going into a bus lane or box junction but best of all is creeping over a red light to let them past this gives you 3 points as well for your public spirit :mad:

I wont move for them now.

I was in London this weekend and saw a Police car 'struggling' to get through the traffic as no one was moving for him, lights were on red. He had to go on the other side of the road and weave in and out etc. so thats why. Around here if the lights are on Red and an emergency vehicle is approaching people will at least edge forward and move over leaving a gap etc :)

I'm pretty sure that if the body is over the double yellow line then its ok. If wheels are touching then its not. i always stick to that rule and have never been done yet (touch wood)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom