Parking charge notice

If I read this right: Parking Charge Notices - how to avoid and appeal | RAC Drive

If it's paid parking you can avoid it. If it's free, then you probably can't.

The fact that it's "free" parking is an even more compelling reason to challenge!

The reality is if they don't issue a ticket to the DRIVER at the time and default to using ANPR cameras, they can ONLY (because they cannot identify the driver) chase the Registered Keeper and invite them to:

1) Identify the driver
or
2) Pay the amount of the outstanding charge.

The RK is under no legal obligation to identify the driver and if they do invoke "Registered Keeper Liability" they HAVE to follow a very strict set of rules, which many fail to do. A simple mistake in procedure is enough to challenge and get the ticket cancelled.

I know, because I have done it...…….

From which we can deduce the appointment lasted approx 40 mins :) After which they moved to the retail park car park.

Think we should fine OP for banging on about it! :D:D

I am guessing that they have a camera covering the entrance and then record all the vehicles that are still there after the 3 hours have passed. Therefore, a picture of your car parked after the expiry time is valid - provided the information is correct. Did you depart and re-enter the car park? Is this allowed?

Under GDPR, you have the right to require them to supply all information relating to you, including copies of all video and still images. Make the request. They have to supply it within 1 month of the request and in full. Failure to do so is a breach of the regulations and could land them with a substantial fine. Tell them that you cannot consider any payment of any parking charge notice until this information is supplied to you.

If it was me, I would just drag this out as long as possible and use every possible means to prove it is not enforceable. Require them to supply information relating to the correct operation and installation of the cameras. Technical information relating to the communication protocols, a witness statement from the operator, the list goes on. Of course, you will request these things one at a time and with at least 7 days in between each request... Long rambling letters are good, handwritten and ideally in green ink :)

Well that didn't work I got a letter back saying they have reviewed it and I still have to pay, nothing saying about what I had asked for.

Respond, telling them under GDPR they are required by law to supply all images they have related to the vehicle of which you are the registered keeper and that you will not consider the payment of any outstanding amounts until they do. Remind them the clock is running and that if they fail to supply within the time period you will immediately report them do the ICO.

Hold your nerve and keep playing the game

Well that didn't work I got a letter back saying they have reviewed it and I still have to pay, nothing saying about what I had asked for.

They wouldn't have even read your letter. That would be their standard initial response to get people to pay.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom