• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Parking charge notice

meldodd

Standard Member
Hi, Can anyone advise please?
My son has recently passed his driving test, and is an insured user of my wifes car that is registered in my name.

He visited a McDonalds takaway and parked in their car park.

I have recieved a PARKING NOTICE CHARGE from UK Parking Control asking for a £75 cheque to be sent to them beacause he was parked there for more than the specificed 90 mins, he did not realise there were signs in the car park.
They say if not paid within 14 days it will go upto £95.

Anyone with information on this or experienced a similar charge and what we can do would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
Mel...

Rorifett

Distinguished Member
I believe there's been court cases about this 'bullying' tactic employed by these companies, will have a wee scan about the net and see if I can find anything out about them. If memory serves correctly the things went to court and ended up in favour of the 'parker' due to the extortionate charges. As I say I'll have a look about and post some links hopefully! :)

paul1967

Established Member
There someone on here did an interview on radio 5 it's linked basiclly telling them to get stuffed.Its to do with the wording,he explains how to do it.

owen021173

Prominent Member
i got one of these last october :thumbsdow

if its a ppc(private parking company) my best advice is to ignore it !!! i parked for 5 mins to run into a wilkinsons shop and when i got back back,there it was:censored:

the link that has been posted is an excellent place to get info on these rip-off merchants.

i followed there advice on there and guess what?? i've heard nothing from them since:clap::clap:

Good Luck mate

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom