Parental timer with next update possibility....

Ico.

Parental Timer Feature Coming with Next Update?

Linky!

CounterWhine

The problem with parental timers is that parents tend to be completely unaware of them and unable to configure them.

World of Warcraft has one. I wonder how many of those nine million accounts make use of it.

It's probably best just to flip a circuit breaker every night at bed time :devil:

T

TurquoiseShark

is this why XBL is offline on 10th Sept?

I was hoping for a Marketplace update stuffed with lots lof luvverly films and TV shows to download.

daveaka

I just read this on Eurogamer
Microsoft has declined to comment on rumour and speculation about whether we'll be treated to four hours of Live downtime next Monday.
Reports suggest the service will be taken down from 09:00 BST (UK) in order for maintenace to be performed, and will be up and running again at around 13:00.
Advertisement
It is unclear what the maintenance is for, although signs point towards the annual autumn update. But last year it took until the end of October for this to happen, so we won't get too excited.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
is this why XBL is offline on 10th Sept?

I was hoping for a Marketplace update stuffed with lots lof luvverly films and TV shows to download.

The downtime has nothing to do with the update at least not directly. It's probably just general Xbox.com site and Xbox Live network maintenance as these downtimes usually are.

Regards films and TV shows the video market place is not supposed to launch before November so you won't see them at least until then.

runam0k

Plus Halo 3 is coming. Quite possibly the downtime is to prepare for that.

Parental Timer feature is a great idea if they market it properly.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Plus Halo 3 is coming. Quite possibly the downtime is to prepare for that.

Parental Timer feature is a great idea if they market it properly.

Why would they need downtime to prepare for Halo 3 ? I can't think of any reason for that.

Bilbob

Network upgrades.

Imagine the network traffic this game is going to generate, the second it's launched...

daymouse

Distinguished Member
when does everyone think the fall update is going to be released

Answers on a postcard ;)

Moogle

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom