• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Parental Controls??

WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
Maybe I've missed something but I have a quick question regarding the above.

My 3 yr old also uses my PS3 and therefire there are certain games/demos etc I do not want him playing.

I've set the relevant parental control levels on the XMB, but this then leaves Padlock icons next to games even when I am signed in??

Is there anyway to just make the controls relevant to his profile???
Its just annoying to have to go through 3 or 4 games before finding the one I want???

It would be easier tbh, if I could just prevent him using my profile and then amend his appropriately??

Any clues :)

mickus66

Prominent Member
Parental controls are global - and not user specific. Strange, but true. :thumbsdow

Let's hope that get's rectified in a future firmware update as it's something I would like to use as well.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
I take it it's not possible to have different parental controls for a master and a sub account then ?

WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
No mate - that's how mine is set up.

I guess I'll have to carry on looking at Padlock icons a while longer then!! :D

mickus66

Prominent Member
I believe that is the case as there is no concept of 'sub' & 'master' accounts for XMB users - only online users. But that is exactly what the XMB needs to administer decent & usable parental controls.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom