Pardon my ignorance....whats the difference between the Sony HTSF1300 and DAVDZ860

Jimb077

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a buffoon when it comes to things like this....to me it looks like they do exactly the same things....is this correct or am I a grade A muppet?:suicide:

TA

The 860 is a complete DVD amp and speaker combo , the other is an amp and speakers without DVD player

Ah.....cheers mate!!:smashin:
I've been doing soooo much researching recently that I was just lookin at the specs of the two and none of it was making any sense!!:suicide:

The 1300 is a better option but you would need a DVD player to connect to

The 1300 is a better option but you would need a DVD player to connect to

Why would this be better?
Would the 1300 upscale DVDs from a standalone DVD player?
Sorry for my stupidity....I'm new to all this!!:rolleyes:

Didnt want to start a new thread, so I'll ask here. If I purchase a SONY HTSF1300, would I be able to plug the speakers into a seperate amp instead of the one supplied?

Didnt want to start a new thread, so I'll ask here. If I purchase a SONY HTSF1300, would I be able to plug the speakers into a seperate amp instead of the one supplied?

You could but you would need an 'active' SUB, the one in the sony 1300 package is 'passive'

Better off buying just a speaker package to go with a separates amp

Thanks for the reply.

I plan on buying a Sony 5300ES amp to plug all my stuff into. Do you know where I could buy the same speakers that are on the HTSF1300 seperately?

Thanks again.

I'm a buffoon when it comes to things like this....to me it looks like they do exactly the same things....is this correct or am I a grade A muppet?:suicide:

TA

The first one doesent have wirelless in rear speakrs... and Z860 has.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom