1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parasound & Tag AV32r

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by tyrekicker, Dec 20, 2002.

1. tyrekicker

tyrekicker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I have just got hold of a Parasound HCA2205, just missed out on the one in classifieds.
    Now I am planning to partner this to an AV32r, does anyone else have this combo? any advice or other options I should consider.

Have 1k-2k to spend on processor, from where I stand the Tag seems to be a pretty good buy, £1600-2400 depending on spec.

Cheers

Andy

ps Speakers will be Gallo or similar.

2. Hawklan

Hawklan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    Hi

I have this combo partnered with M&K 750, tripole rears nad a servo 15 sub
    it sounds absolutley fantastic.

Even my missus gushes about it, which if you knew her you would know that it has to sound great (you know - she thinks it cost to much, what was wrong with the speakers that come with the TV etc). So with her giving the thumbs up I know I'm not biased.

Many thanks

Ronnie:D

3. tyrekicker

tyrekicker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ronnie

Nice setup.
    Not sure if my missus will appreciate it, complains tv is too loud anyway! But I am trying to plaicate her with chocolates, so far so good.

I notice that the amp has a DC trigger to turn on from standby, is the tag able to do this? have you got it configured to do this?

Cheers

Andy

4. Hawklan

Hawklan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    Hi

Nope the Tag can't trigger the amp from standby - But to be honest I like powering it up - It feels really gratifying (must be some sort of fetish going on here - maybe I should see a shrink)

When you setup your Parasound leave a good five inches of space around it (especially on top) as it gets really hot (no internal fan - but this means no annoying fan noise during the quite parts of films)

When you go for your Tag really shop around as most people want £1700 ish second hand for a straight 5.1 model - I got mine a dam site cheaper.
    You could even try the tag site and check out their ex demo kit (comes with full warrenty and still very cheap)

All the best

Ronnie

5. cskates

cskates
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The 7.1 Tag has trigger switches that can be used for triggering amps. They are just switches though, so you need some sort of a DC input like a small DC transformer or something. The 5.1 version of the Tag doesn't have the trigger switches.

6. tyrekicker

tyrekicker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Thanks for the advice ronnie, I have been told to give it plenty of room.
    AV32R's seem to be quite pletiful but like you say people want plenty for them. I have found an ex-dem bp-192 with 7.1 for £2.3 which is more than I wanted to pay but am tempted. Especially looking at the one in classifieds and the Tag site.

Where did u source yours from?

cskates: I spoke to a chap today who seemed to know what he was talking about regarding Tag and he said actions swicthes are a 12v dc so should be ok. I think I shall speak to helpdesk.

Cheers Gents

Have a Merry Xmas

7. Hawklan

Hawklan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    Hi

I got mine from the second-hand market on the tag site at probably £500 below the normal price they seem to be going for. From a really genuine bloke who I ended getting my Servo 15 from as well.
    If you want to save on the money front why don't you try getting a second hand 5.1 version and upgrade to 7.1 at a later point. I think the price is about £500 to £600 for the upgrade and at the same time if you want you can even re-warrenty the Tag (at a price of course £120ish I think for a year). What you might want to try is speaking to the tag help desk (ask for a guy called Barry)
    He will certainly give you great advice on the best approach for your needs

Ronnie