Parasound owners - what have you got ?

Rad

Novice Member
Like crystal mate, beautiful and clear.

Craig Sowerby

Originally posted by rags
A pro installer joins the ranks !

I have long thought about going down the 7.1 route by adding A21 or A23 to my set up but have so far resisted.

Craig in your opinion will an A23 do for back speakers or is it worth spending the extra for an A21 which will match my A51's output. As you know there is a significant difference in cost. Also how does the A23 sound in stereo and what speakers haveyou paired it up with ? Apologies for the third degree !

I used the A23 for surround back duties and it worked perfectly well, i wanted a two channel amp for zone 2 so i optioned
the A21 for the back channels and dropped the A23 in for the second zone.
I would say get the A21. If you are in a position to go for the A21 do it, try using the A21 on your L&R B&W speakers and the A51 for the other five.
I've found the A23 works really well in stereo, Very detailed, loads of control, lots of good qualities i could'nt really fault it at it's price, i tried it with various pre-amps and i really enjoy it.
I am currently using M&K speakers.

Craig

gizlaroc

Distinguished Member
Just changed my hca-2205 for a cinepro3k6, so no longer got anything parasound, but they are the best power amps money can buy, you have to spend serious money to better them.

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by gizlaroc
Just changed my hca-2205 for a cinepro3k6.

Wonder where you got that from:D (and I bet that's going to take something special to beat it!)

rags

Originally posted by gizlaroc
Just changed my hca-2205 for a cinepro3k6, so no longer got anything parasound, but they are the best power amps money can buy, you have to spend serious money to better them.

Gizarloc - I just read the specs on the Cinepro 700 RMS x 6 @ 4ohms :eek:- what kind of show are you running ???? Looks massive and has a very good writeup in HTHF.

Unfortunately as you are no longer a Parasound owner, assimilation will not be possible at this time !

Matt - you need to be on this list. Go on I know you want to..

Anodyne

I have an A51 on home demo at the moment, so I'm not quite assimilated...but I'm giving it some serious consideration. One thing, its huge! What rack/shelving unit would be a good fit for it?

Will

rags

i have mine on a Stands Unique AV10 high. Just about fits with a reasonable amount of clearance. Crappy pic below - apologies for the wires, too lazy to sort it out for the moment and the wifes using that stupid plant to hide them-

Attachments

• home11.jpg
    home11.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 289

rags

Originally posted by CYRUStheVIRUS
Rags- Smurfin might be waiting to buy yours when you upgrade:D

I dont think thats the case but if it is then he knows he has a long wait:smoke:. TBH I should never say never as my brain often disengages from my wallet :D

Rad

Novice Member
dts_boy,

Are you not concerned about the heat off of the power amp ??

I have my TAG sitting on some bits of wood (just for the moment until I can think of something better) to keep a gap between it and my amp. I was thinking of also putting in a glass shelf to try and displace some more of the heat.

Any of you guy got any comments on the heat these generate, they do recommend quite a large gap all the way round.

Rich.

rags

Surprisingly - mine doesnt get hot at all even after a long listening session at high volume.

Rad

Novice Member
It's hard for me to tell if it's the TAG or the Parasound that's creating the heat.

Don't get me wrong it's not too hot, I'm just way to carefull with my kit :)

dts_boy

i think to begin with heat was a concern. now that i have it running most days all day, at all kinds of levels its not too bad. it gets pretty warm, but not what i would call hot. saying that, if i had the space, it would be on its own shelf, that rack is full though!

rags

Originally posted by Rad
It's hard for me to tell if it's the TAG or the Parasound that's creating the heat.

Don't get me wrong it's not too hot, I'm just way to carefull with my kit :)

It's not the TAG processor - i used to own one and it ran pretty cool. The classic range Parasound amps are renowned for running on the hot side of warm.

dts_boy

rags, how do the column surrounds integrate with the B&Ws? i am interested as thats probaly my next upgrade, but would hate to get rid of the surrounds - they work a treat behind my couch and wouldn't part with them for the world now.(apart from when i sink some in-ceiliings in and go to the next level - active!)

rags

Just fine mate. When I got the B&W fronts, I sold the column surrounds thinking I would buy the B&W equivalents. Bought them home on demo and didnt like them at all. Much boxier sounding than the columns and the worst thing was that I could pin point them pretty easily (something that I found very difficult to do with the columns). Anyway to cut a long story short like a muppet I ordered another pair of columns and am now happy again. Those surrounds are excellent - I would try not to change them.

Ill put a pick up tomorrow just in case someone doesnt understand what we re talking about.

rags

I know this is digressing but heres one of the column surrounds tucked away in the corner - the damn things are very convenient.
Back to topic - is there any other Parasound owners out there or are we done ?

Attachments

• 27946016705_0_alb.jpg
    27946016705_0_alb.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 299

Jase

Distinguished Member
A Parasound 2205A will be landing on my doorstep soon (currently in transit from the UK). :cool:

You can also add bob007 to the list as he owns a 1205A.:)

rags

I think Ihave seen the very 2205A you are getting Jase. With the DD18, 2205A and the M&K's yours must be one of the best caravan based HC systems around. Cant believe you dont blow the windows out:clown:

You and Bob have been added to the owners list.

Jase

Distinguished Member
DD15 not DD18 (too big, wouldn't fit! LOL).;)

All the kit should be here soon, can't wait to test it all out and get those windows flexing.:D

Daneel

Where are you guys getting the 2205s from? I tried to source one at a reasonable price but failed. A 1500 would be nice for the front two (no I don't acttually need it but it's MORE POWER!, remember Tool Time?)

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Klipsch Heritage Forte IV speakers now available in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Primare unveils NP5 Prisma MK2 network player for August
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
PROMOTED: How to watch UK TV from any country
  • By AVForums