Question Parasound HCA-1000A

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by LuvCVs, Jul 6, 2015.

1. LuvCVs

LuvCVs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi people, I can't seem to find anyone online who want's to do what I want to.

I have just bought a Parasound HCA-1000A but the end goal is to buy another one to use them both in mono mode thus, 400w stereo, are these amps the best to do this on? As I am on a extremely low budget for now of around £300. I had a look at NADs C370, Arcam Alpha 10 etc etc but they to me are just not in the same class the Parasound is in.

Any help would be much appreciated. The speakers that I will be using are a pair of B&W DM605 S2's so no need for a sub, but I do have a YAMAHA YST-SW800 to use if needed.

2. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    So what's the question? Yes definitely get a pair of those amps and run bridged one per speaker it will sound epic. Run unbridged until you get the second one. Probably don't make a mess of things putting a basic sub in the signal line you won't need it

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,568
    Parasound are not a 'big' brand in the UK so whilst the Amp you have purchased is a competent performer picking up a second unit may not be that simple!

I guess too you have to ask how well 'matched' would the two units be - you may find you run them both in Stereo mode whilst Bi-amping the speakers may work better for you if you can't find a second unit of a similar vintage!
    Joe

PS 'No Sub' is this for Music or Movie playback?

4. LuvCVs

LuvCVs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    It's just going to be a stereo setup for now. I have not got anything connected yet. I want to wait but I will go down the surround sound setup at some point where I will buy a Parasound A51 power amp as I have a Halo C2 preamp waiting to be used.

I just do not want to waste money that I do not have say, for a Onkyo ATMOS home receiver.

I want, the best possible sound quality for what I have, can afford just for now.

I did look at other amps, but to power my B&Ws I can not find a single power amp for under £800 that can do 200w RMS at a 8 ohm load

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,568
    Like Liam I'm not sure if you do/don't have a question which requires answering :)

Not sure I'd wait until I found another power amp if I have Source, Processor, 2-Ch Power amp and Main Speakers assembled - I'd be getting on with enjoying my music and throw another power amp into the mix as and when one becomes available.

Joe