Parasound 1205A

Rad

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've just ordered one of these and was wondering if anyone else has one, if so do they stack any other equipment on top of it or on a shelf on it's own.

I'm wondering how hot it gets.

Cheers,
Rich.

i got one, i have it on a shelf on it's own.

It's huge, but don't know if it gets very hot, never went to see if it was...

They do run pretty hot. I have a two channel HCA-1000A sitting on top of mine, but I use an ultra low noise fan to keep them nice and cool.

It's more a space issue than anything else.

I have an Alphason TV stand so it'll be sitting in there with my TAG AV32r on top of it, I just don't want the TAG to get fried.

I might build a false shelf just to put a bit of space between the Parasound and the TAG, that's going to please the g/f no end. :rolleyes:

I guess it'll be a case of try it and see.

Rich.

The Tag AV32R has a chance of being the hotter of the two, it actually Produces a surprizing amont of heat, certainly more than many of these big power amps like the lovely Parasound and Tags own. The AV32R needs space.

get some foculpods under the processor, it will lift it up by about an inch off the power amp increasing airflow and (allegedly) make it sound better too. cheap at £20/pack, not sure about improving sound quality though, although they do with CD players.

The pods sound like a cracking idea.

I might have a nice thick sheet of class on top of the pods then the Tag on top of that.

Problem solved I think.

Cheers lads.

Originally posted by The Beekeeper
The Tag AV32R has a chance of being the hotter of the two, it actually Produces a surprizing amont of heat, certainly more than many of these big power amps like the lovely Parasound and Tags own. The AV32R needs space.

I may simply be comparing it with KMA100s which run blazing hot even with fans,but I'd never felt the AV32R runs anything more than slightly warm.
I'd agree with your inference that the Tag power amps run fairly cool,as their bias level seems to be set very low,running predominantly in Class A/B,which is not something you can say of the Parasound,which has a modest Class A bias at low levels.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom