Parasound 1205A - trigger connection

bbanduser

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a Lexicon DC-1 and a Parasound 1205A, and want to use trigger connection to turn the Parasound on and off.

I hve a cable for doing so, I think. One side of th cable has the pin connections for the Lexicon (it's a 5 pin connecter) and on the other side it has 3 wires (1 ground, 1 power on and 1 trigger). But on the Parasound side, I am confused. It has 4 screws where it says trigger connection and it also has Ground written on top of the screws. So how do I connect the wires to the Parasound? I have only 2 wires to connect, one for ground and 1 for the trigger, so which screws do I connect them to? I guess I have to unscrew the screws slightly and wind the wires around them and screw them back on? Or have I got it horribly wrong?

Lastly, how will it work? Do I leave the Parasound switched off and when the Lexicon is switched on, it will sqitch on the Parasound, and when the Lexicon is switched off, it will switch off the Parasound as well, after a while?

Sorry for the questions, as I am a newbie as far as triggers are concerned.

I don't know how to wire it but it should work the way you expect. Try emailing Parasound, they are very helpful in my experience.

I have just got mine working off of my Tag, slightly different but hope this helps. Ignore the two outer screws on the Parasound. The left of the 2 centre screws is 12v the other is the ground. If your worried about doing any damage see if you can borrow a multi-meter from someone then plug the lead into the LEX turn it on and see if you get a reading from the wires.
Lastly, how will it work? Do I leave the Parasound switched off and when the Lexicon is switched on, it will sqitch on the Parasound, and when the Lexicon is switched off, it will switch off the Parasound as well, after a while?
Leave the amp in the off position and yes the Lex should turn it on

I am currently away from home until tomorrow and can check mine for you. I have a Lexicon MC12 with a Parasound 1205A amp. If no one else has given you the answer by then I will post a here about the same time tomorrow.

You need to have the parasound switched on. If the wires are connected from the Lex which should also be in standby then the Para will also stay at standby. You just switch the Lexicon on from standby and the parasound will switch on from standby. Switch the Lex to standby and the Para will switch to standby.

Hope that helps
Darren

Thanks guys.
Do I need to connect the ground terminal as well or just the trigger will do?

Gotta be honest and say I don't know why there are 3 wires. One 12v, one ground, don't know what the trigger wire does. As long as the Lex only ouputs when in full ON mode, not stanby, then I don't see the reason for the trigger wire.

Paul

ps How you enjoying the Lex

Enjoying the Lex very much indeed, thanks.
I am confused about the ground. Do I connect the ground wire to the Parasound or not?
So it's 12V trigger wire to the trigger screw on the Parasound. Does the ground wire needs connecting to the Parasound ?

All connected up now and works like a dream!

Thanks mate.
The only problem is that the Kenwood KMX-1000 amp (for the surrounds) does not have a trigger (at least I think so).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom