1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parasound 1205

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by stoke1975, Aug 19, 2004.

1. stoke1975

stoke1975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I currently run a Pioneer AX5 in 5:1. I also run alongside, a Naim 82 pre amp, into a separate stereo power amp to drive the front speakers.
    I have ordered a Parasound 1205 to use alongside the pre amps of the pioneer to improve the quality of signal to the speakers.

Can I dispense with the stereo amp and use two channels of the 1205 and still incorporate the Naim 82 pre amp for stereo? how would this be done?

Thanks
    Neil

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    If the Naim has an AV passthrough you can do it. Or just use one of the inputs at a set volume. The other option is to buy a switch box so you can have the Naim and the Pioneer connected and switch as required.

I'm trying to find a good preamp with AV passthrough, no luck yet though.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,523
    stoke1975

If a high quality switcher is not deemed too expensive for your requirements we have the Zektor MAS3 which will do what you require and switch your Pre Amp and AV Processor to your multi channel Power Amp.

Although conceived and marketed for use as a Multiple 5:1 Source switcher the MAS3 will work equally as well for your requirement.

See http://www.zektor.com/mas3/

Best regards

Joe