Parasite Review & Comments

mine has been dispatched...I've already made a space for it arriving next to my oldboy steelbook. ironically watched the Oscar highlights last night, so it was great seeing the director and cast genuinely thrilled with the wins, and thanks to @Casimir Harlow also put snowpiercer in my amazon planner.

IMG_20200214_173502.jpg

@golden phoenix: if you don't mind my asking, where did you order your copy of Parasite from please? It's out of stock on ezydvd.com.au, and Chrome reports that the site is not secure. I used to use Ezy for a lot of my DVDs in the past, but the Chrome warning worries me.

Clem

@golden phoenix: if you don't mind my asking, where did you order your copy of Parasite from please? It's out of stock on ezydvd.com.au, and Chrome reports that the site is not secure. I used to use Ezy for a lot of my DVDs in the past, but the Chrome warning worries me.

Clem
I know I'm not Golden Pheonix, but ordered mine from eBay, a UK seller, Sunday and arrived today.

Just seen Parasite: glad we did, well worth the trip to the cinema. Excellent film

I'm currently digesting it, so for now here is my GIF review to keep it short and sweet.

rob.gif

FYI, I gave the blu (which I bought for my Dad's birthday) a spin to make sure it works and all fine and dandy :smashin:

Also, here's the rear of the box if anyone is contemplating a purchase off the 'Bay.

IMG_20200214_210011.jpg

I know I'm not Golden Pheonix, but ordered mine from eBay, a UK seller, Sunday and arrived today.
Just placed an order on eBay. The seller has obviously bulk purchased a lot from Australia. Still, cheaper than importing. Fingers crossed that the item is as described. Looking forward to seeing it. I have a number of Korean films on disc, so this will hopefully be a nice addition to the collection.

Clem

Just placed an order on eBay. The seller has obviously bulk purchased a lot from Australia..
Toysandgames was the seller I bought from, perfect.

Same here. Now, if only I could get a region B release of that other Korean film that I’m after, Extreme Job ...

Clem

Any deleted scenes, extras on the disc?

Would love to see some behind the scenes stuff.

Saw this on Thursday up in Nottingham - the 2pm showing at the Broadway was sold out :facepalm:, so we hoofed it over to Cineworld and watched it there.

Enjoyed it massively - the time just flew by. Will definitely pick it up on iTunes and hope there's a few extras like the B&W version included. Glad we saw it in the cinema and good to see it busy - lovely, big crystal clear screen in Nottingham too - impressed.

Still thinking about this film, but the one thing that did annoy me a bit was I guessed

(big spoiler this)

there was someone else somewhere down in the basement. As there was a moment early in the film when "someone" turned the light off. And I thought whose done that?

So when the old housekeeper turned back up at the house later claiming she'd forgotten "something", I knew it was a person she was referring to.

Still thinking about this film, but the one thing that did annoy me a bit was I guessed

(big spoiler this)

there was someone else somewhere down in the basement. As there was a moment early in the film when "someone" turned the light off. And I thought whose done that?

So when the old housekeeper turned back up at the house later claiming she'd forgotten "something", I knew it was a person she was referring to.
I wonder if you'd subconsciously seen a spoiler because I didn't twig at all on 1st watch.

Last edited:
I wonder if you'd subconsciously seen a spoiler because I didn't twig at all on 1st watch.

Definitely didn't I can assure you. Avoided stuff about this like the plague!

Keep an eye out for it on your next watch.

I rewatched this last night (tried to get the wife to watch it, she fell asleep 5 mins before the end so missed all the wrap up :rolleyes:), still great.

@richp007 - I was keeping an eye out for the early clue you mentioned and I still didn't notice it despite knowing what was later coming. Must have been a blink and you'll miss it moment.

I rewatched this last night (tried to get the wife to watch it, she fell asleep 5 mins before the end so missed all the wrap up :rolleyes:), still great.

@richp007 - I was keeping an eye out for the early clue you mentioned and I still didn't notice it despite knowing what was later coming. Must have been a blink and you'll miss it moment.

Interesting, I can't quite remember exactly when it occurred now. Will have to wait until I watch it again to give you the precise moment.

Just watched the 'Making of' on the extras. It was interesting but unfortunately only 5 mins long.

I think I'll hang fire on picking this up on disc until we know what's on the Criterion version.

Ordered from ebay on the 10th. Still not arrived :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom