• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

paranormal activity

monkeyboy69

Established Member
does anyone know whether therre are any differences in the unrated vs the normal version of this film. Both have runtime of 86 mins on amazon

but i thought the unrated version was 99 mins, I know the unrated was meant to have 3 different endings too

unrated
PARANORMAL ACTIVITY - Unrated Version [BLU-RAY]: Amazon.co.uk: Katie Featherston, Micah Sloat, Mark Fredrichs, Amber Armstrong, Oren Peli: DVD

normal
Paranormal Activity [Blu-ray] [2007]: Amazon.co.uk: Amber Armstrong, Ashley Palmer, Mark Fredrichs, Katie Featherston, Micah Sloat, Oren Peli: DVD

zamwessell

Prominent Member
I'd like to know if the unrated has 3 different endings too.

I got the normal release and was disappointed that it didn't have the orginal ending ( well i think the version i saw a while ago was that )

B12

Banned
I'm confused too, bought mine from Asda as part of my online shopping, it has only two endings, only one of which is good ... IMHO

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
unrated, doesnt always mean more or better..it sometimes seem to mean exactly what is says...that segment of the film hasnt been passed by the censoring body in america MPAA. see note below i found after a search

as it has already been stated...the alternate ending is the unrated version. The reason why is because the ending that was included for theaters is very different from the ending that it had originally. If you don't know...this movie actually came out in 2007 (that's why all the events take place in 2006) at an independent film festival...it is just NOW coming out in theaters...after they had to change the ending to make it less gory to get a PG-13 rating.

so really the "alternate ending" is the ORIGINAL ENDING...and what makes it "unrated" is that it was never rated by the MPAA because they changed it to the current ending (which should be called "alternate ending")

so i dont think the unrated version has 3 endings or anything..anyway dvd rewind reckon we have the best version anyway!

dvd rewind

my best prediction is that the unrated version region A from reviews around the net,has the same two endings we have..the theatrical and alternate, none of them mention a third...so dont worry about it, youre not missing out on anything i have the region b version

ithought it was very scary and so do a few people i know...other people think it is pants, having a look round imdb..there is a sequel, which, i suppose was always going to happen when you make a film for peanuts and it makes a fortune

paranormal activity 2

EDIT*
after a little research i have found a third ending that is not contained on the region b blu-ray/but i dont think it is on the unrated version either, anyone who owns the region locked A version will correct me if im wrong. blu-ray.com dont mention the third version either

region A review

it is not much cop though (no pun intended)

the region b theatrical ending is the best ending imho:

PLEASE ONLY WATCH THIS IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE: SPOILER

third ending

Last edited:

zamwessell

Prominent Member
Yeah,that third ending is the version i saw long ago.

I'm sure it is the original ending,i could be mistaken though

I liked that ending and it would have been good to have it on the bluray.

If they can have two endings on it then why not three?

monkeyboy69

Established Member
ahh no that isnt the 3rd ending i was refering to, thats the original which ive alreadt seen

spolier
the 3rd ending had the woman slit her own throat in front of the camera

zamwessell

Prominent Member
So the ending you quote in the spoiler is the alternate ending on the UK release.

I guess the original ending doesn't appear on any releases.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
ahh no that isnt the 3rd ending i was refering to, thats the original which ive alreadt seen

spolier
the 3rd ending had the woman slit her own throat in front of the camera

that ending is on the uk blu-ray?

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
So the ending you quote in the spoiler is the alternate ending on the UK release.

I guess the original ending doesn't appear on any releases.

the only ending you cannot get anywhere on blu-ray is the one i linked to in post#4, which was the orignal ending.. then apparently the director asked for the help of mr spielberg to spice it up, therefore i think the orginal ending was changed before release in the american cinema....the other two are on the uk blu-ray as i own it...think its the same on the us release. i think i we have the two best endings....there was talk of another ending whiched sounded really interesting but it was not filmed

to avoid any more confusing information, this link discusses all endings including the fourth which sounds great but never filmed

SPOILER!

paranormal activity all endings!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom