Paranormal Activity - The Lost Soul

Monkeypony

Established Member
Reaction score
Just released and discounted from the PS Store to around £25.

Has anyone had a dabble? Reviews seem decent enough...

I was thinking of getting this but not at the price they are asking for, according to those that have played it the game is only 2 hrs long there is a second ending to get so the length would increase a little more because of that but not enough for me to deem it worth £25 and that's with the discount, had it been £15 or so I would have snapped it up in a instant.

Devs have said they will be providing DS4 support for those that don't like using the Move controllers or the type of movement that they use, but no date as to when that will be.

I'm very interested but I've also heard of the big patch that they're working on, I won't be playing it before that drops.

I agree, I was going to get this but think it costs too much (even with the current 25% discount) seeing as it's not that long a game.

I'm not buying anything without reviews anymore and if a game needs a big early patch I'll wait a bit.

I've bought it but not played yet

I bought it too for the savings. I love horror games and I've heard that this one is decent despite it's short length. I'm intrested in the fact it uses the Moves as that could aid immersion.

Hopefully the patch will be released soon as I won't be playing it before.

Ah bugger came into here to see if it was worth a punt tmwith the discount .

Yeah just seen this too and gets a good write up for the “scare factor” but will hold out for a bit as I’m sure it will be cheaper again in 5/6 months

So, I decided to take advantage of the cheap release price and give this a go. 2 months later, I'm still waiting to be able to actually play this game. The controls are such a mess.

The move controller implementation is bearable, just, but as there was a talk of a patch to allow use of DS4, I didn't want to play too far into the game and I'd just wait for the patch.

Well, the patch has now been released and good lord have they cocked it up! It's pretty much unplayable with the DS4. In 30 years of being a gamer I've never known a mess like it. You can smooth turn, but each time you start to, the screen blinks at you, as if you'd made a teleport turn.

You can't strafe using an analogue stick, and the turn speed is slow, even on it's fastest setting, so basic movement is plain annoying (this would probably not be an issue if you were playing stood up, but I can't do that, makes me very dizzy!)

Then there is the way they have mapped the 'left hand, right hand' controls to the D pad and action buttons. and they seem to have given you the arms from a T-Rex, so just trying to open a door mean you need to crouch to get to the handle!

It's such a shame, the 15 minutes or so that I've played through the game with the move controllers are very promising. Very immersive, creepy as hell and plenty of jump scares to boot, I just wish they could make it enjoyable to actually play!

I played through it using the move controllers and really enjoyed it. Very close second to re7. It's not the longest of games, but, for me, the scares got me so bad that I'd only play it in short bursts anyway. Haha.

The move controls, while at first seemed a little odd, once you got used to it, they seem very natural and easy. The immersion from walking around and actually using your hands to open doors and pick up objects really added to the spook factor.

Anyone who has a vest like the kor-fx, this works brilliantly on this game too. The heartbeat sound feels awesome.

Most vr games are quite short, so I don't think this is really any shorter than the rest. Games like re7 are the exception to the rule,so I don't think it's right to necessarily compare the game length to titles like that.

Over all, I found the game to be a lot of fun, and easily worth the sale price. Maybe less so if you don't use the move controllers?

I bought this on release but only played for 10 mins as the controls were mind boggling, spent 4 mins trying to pick the key to the house up and then gave up

I bought this on release but only played for 10 mins as the controls were mind boggling, spent 4 mins trying to pick the key to the house up and then gave up
Moving does seem strange at first. But once you work out the controls and get used to it, I found it very natural and probably my favourite experience of walking in a game yet.

I'm having the same thing trying to play mega ton rainfall at the moment..... Using the l1/r1 buttons to increase and decrease altitude feels very strange... But I'm sure that if I keep at it, it'll start feeling more natural.

I guess it's difficult for devs to find ways to move your character in vr. Just give each method a little time to get used to it and I'm sure we can enjoy things more.

I'm still saving this for nearer Halloween, might have a quick practice with the moves beforehand to get the controls sussed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom