Paramount to Re-Issue Entire Blu-ray back log

Moved to HD Movies :smashin:

Maybe they will be adding some PIP content to some titles :)

Don't see Top Gun listed :confused:

I hope that they have more than the Dolby Digital Plus soundtrack on the Blu-Ray disc, although it has been mentioned numerous times that the Dolby Digial Plus soundtrack of Transformers on the HD-DVD was incredible. IMDB.com indicates that there is a DTS sound mix, so hopefully we'll get either a Dolby TrueHD or a DTS-HD-MA soundtrack.

Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow looked brilliant. The Blu-Ray could be excellent.

Hope so
Bri

Shame about the movie...:boring:

also wasn't that impressed by the cgi on it, I thought it was noticeable bad

I'm waiting on Transformers....still one of the best HD transfers I've seen/heard to date. :lease:

The CG was great but as a movie I thought it was just awful. It's rather depressing people are buying crap movies just because of a good transfer.

doesnt mean its crap to you its crap to everyone,everyone has there own taste and i liked it and yes its a bonus the transfer was great

The CG was great but as a movie I thought it was just awful. It's rather depressing people are buying crap movies just because of a good transfer.

:rolleyes:

You're entitled to your opinion....I quite enjoyed it tbh. ;)

It's the first movie that has had me grining from ear to ear throughout like an overexcited schoolkid since the Goonies over 20 years ago when I was a kid! Sure there have been many many far superior movies since then, but not one has managed to that. Come on Paramount, we want the Transformers blu-ray! :D

:( why is Midnight Run never going to be on Blu... thats what it seems like anyway

:( why is Midnight Run never going to be on Blu... thats what it seems like anyway

It'll appear eventually (it's a Universal title) as Universal will no doubt be playing catch up compared to the likes of Paramount who were further down the Blu-Ray road.

looks like they are fetching all hd films to blu-ray by the end of may but still no transformers
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s..._to_Re-Issue_Entire_Blu-ray_Back_Catalog/1715

wonder when it will be out:clap:

This is actually misleading...Paramount were into Blu-ray before they went HD DVD exclusive. The link says they will be REISSUING all the discs they had PREVIOUSLY RELEASED ON BLU_RAY. Nothing mentioned about the discs they had released exclusivly on HD DVD appearing on Blu just yet...

Does Paramount have to pay a penalty for rejoining the blu ray party? or do I take it that as long as somebody buys a blu ray disc everybody happy?

I'm waiting on Transformers....still one of the best HD transfers I've seen/heard to date. :lease:

According to rumours on the net this will be released in October on Blu-Ray, along with Top Gun, Godfather Trilogy and the Indiana Jones Boxset.

Why do they have to make us wait. WHY GOD WHY Somebody please think of the children!! :rotfl:

I never understand who comes up with the dates.

For example the freesat launch, who chose that date, I am sure that they could have launched it 1, 2, 3 even 4 weeks earlier than it did with no issue.

Obviously companies set the dates for some reason.

Face/Off and Next are both Region Free! Fingers crossed for all the other releases too.

Next has been out on BR (region free) for a few months

Face/Off and Top Gun would be good to see (along with Transformers - a huge :smashin: from me :)), hopefully the MI trilogy are a good pressing

Nothing really leapt out at me from the "inital" releases (yes that article does look a little deceptive in regards to releases on br)

Would love it if Indy quadruple is released in October but wont believe it until its in my hands (LucasFilm can be a P.I.T.A. sometimes)

they are saying its been confirmed for the uk hope its region free if so as i will be gutted but cant see them leaving the usa out of this 1

just saw next, great transfer, depite what highdefdigest say, It looked very good to me, considering the meium quality CGI and also that it wasn't avery big movie budget wise. Really high bitrae for the picture (avergae of 36mbos) and a PCM track of 6.9 mbps that really rocked my house!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom