Paramount+ launches in the UK and Ireland

Vid

Distinguished Member
Ditto :rolleyes:

Interesting that this discussion is tagged with

1655881010570.png

Clearly it does not have any of it for the UK or Ireland yet.

GeorgeL78

Lack of 4K, HDR and Atmos aside, I watched a few episodes of Halo a while back and was not impressed. Star Trek Strange New Worlds aside there's nothing I would pay the subscription for. If all episodes of Discovery Season 4 and Strange New Worlds are available at once I'll use the 30 day free trial on Xbox.

low-def.

Hmm, wonder if this is also offered free to Virgin Media customers?

walshy77

Does anyone know whether activating this has any Sky contract implications? Last time I added a free service ( as part of the current package) and clicked on Discovery+ Sky renewed my contract for another 12 months!! Cheeky sods.

Griggsy

Standard Member
Very disappointing that they do not offer 4K/HDR/Atmos from launch considering that all the major rival streaming services do offer this and think it will stop many from signing up.
I have signed up as I’m a big Star Trek fan and keen to see all the new content they have on there as well there is shows that my kids are interested in seeing.
Im hoping that it won’t be too long before the U.K. service goes more in line with what the US has. We shall wait and see.

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
Until 4k & Atmos is available I won’t be bothering with this even though it’s free to Sky Cinema customers.

Very poor when compared to the other services already available

MEGATAMA

Soon we wil need to pay 50+ euros per month for 3% content we wona and 97% we dont wona.
I have Netflix,Disney+,Amazon and there are periods that there is no content for me in months....

darringtobe

I couldn’t find Paramount plus anywhere on the sky Home Screen I had to do a voice search for it is it no where on the Home Screen. Also as a sky cinema subscriber with Sky Q I will not be charged for this will I. And also if I want to watch this through my Apple TV App can I use my sky Id.

Timh

Distinguished Member
I’ll stick with my USA version until they sort out HDR and Atmos for the U.K.
Halo and Strange New Worlds are both worth checking out.

vipergrm

Really, what is the point in releasing it if they have no 4K/HDR/Atmos content? No doubt they will charge the same money for other regions that have it.

Martin00

Really, what is the point in releasing it if they have no 4K/HDR/Atmos content? No doubt they will charge the same money for other regions that have it.
As far i am aware of no other region other than the US has 4k and Dolby Atmos which is separate to the international app so a a UK subscription with a VPN won’t work.

mattyduk

understand that despite paying for Sky Cinema via NOWtv, this won't be available FOC, plus the lack of the aforementioned "givens" of 4k/HDR etc, means it's a dead set no for me.

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
I couldn’t find Paramount plus anywhere on the sky Home Screen I had to do a voice search for it is it no where on the Home Screen. Also as a sky cinema subscriber with Sky Q I will not be charged for this will I. And also if I want to watch this through my Apple TV App can I use my sky Id.
You don’t use your Sky ID. You set up a paramount account via the Q box which says the cost is £0 during the set up process. You can then log in to the app on an Apple TV which looks to be a much better option than the Q box from my brief tests.

Edit, confirmation email has confirmed the cost.
Hello Andrew,
Thank you for starting your Paramount+ subscription.
To start accessing Paramount+ content, you will need to access the app on your Sky device and log in.
A summary of your subscription is set out below.
Paramount+
Paramount+
£0.00
More details can be found via Sky.com and full Terms and Conditions can be found here.
Thanks,
The Sky Team

Last edited:

tutu

No Dolby Vision! Discovery was DV on Netflix.

I'll sign up when they remaster Voyager and DS9 in 4k.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member

Joe C

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PSB Speakers unveils Passif 50 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung Gaming Hub goes live
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Huawei unveils FreeBuds Pro 2 true wireless earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand