"Paramount" DD/DTS amp from Debenhams 5.1 question.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Uzey, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    About 2 years ago, I bought a Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 amp and speaker package from Debenhams. It is 'made' by Paramount (Yes! the Film studio!!!!) I know what you're all thinking but it really is very good and has always impressed visitors!
    Now, the only thing bad about the unit is it's instructions. There are 6 phono connections on tha back of it (for each surround channel) and they are labelled '5.1 direct'. The manual doesn't even mention them!
    My question is this..... Can I rig up my new DVD Audio compatible DVD player (JVC NA77) to these connections to listen to DVD Audio discs or are the connections just for DVD players with built in decoders?
    I'd love to experiment to find out the answer for myself but I don't have the leads, and if I buy them I need to know that they're going to work.

Thanks in advance!

Uzey.:thumbsup:

2. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Should all work fine :) DVD-A players have onboard decoders, and unless you've got quite a smart amp they have to output in analog mode anyway.

3. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Tom!!!