Parametric Equalisers

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by eviljohn2, Aug 23, 2004.

1. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I know most people use the Behringer Feedback Destroyer for parametric equalisation, but there are a couple of analogue models that SVS supply for a similar price and a couple of more expensive Behringer models such as the Ultracurves.

Does anyone have experience of the others and which is their favourite?

I also remember a while ago that someone was going to experiment with changing the resistor to the BFD display to hopefully tame it a little. What were the results of that in the end?

I might have some cash in a few weeks and am wondering about upgrading my Denon 1802 to a Marantz SR7400 and a BFD for those who want to know what I'm up to ;)

2. Ettepet

Ettepet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I haven't come around to changing the resistor yet, partly because I moved the BFD out of eyesight. I can still see the lights, if I care to look in that direction. I also have the DEQ2496, and I use its 61-band spectrum analyser to great effect. It is an option, more capable than the BFD, but also more expensive.

For the subwoofer the BFD is enough. It is better than the cheapest option from SVS I think. The expensive Rane 17 will introduce less distortion no doubt.