1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parallel lines when inputing through component to panny

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Wilbur, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Wilbur

Wilbur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The picture on my fourth generation plasma was great up until last weekend. I'd been inputting my arcam DV88 via VDC component leads. I put on A Beautiful Mind on Sunday evening and the picture was covered with a mask of parallel lines, every 2 minutes or so the lines would disappear and the picture would be perfect once more but then they would come back 30 seconds later.

It's wasn't the disk, I tried half my collection to the same effect. I tried inputting the DVD player via VGA using my JS RGB Scart to VGA convertor and the picture was 100% - it's something with the component signal.

Anybody got any suggestions or ideas? The setup was literally unchanged, it just suddenly strarted with the lines.

2. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Is there any new electrical machines around? Just a thought that it might be interference being picked up, could be helpped by the additions of ferrites.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

3. Wilbur

Wilbur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have actually reorganised my kit onto a new stand - the RGB - VGA convertor is now right in the midst of my other cables and power cables run fairly closeby also.

If this were the problem would the problem be constant rather than on-and-off as it is at the moment?

Thanks,

Wilbur

4. Wilbur

Wilbur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello again,

I reorganised my kit over the weekend, thought I had success for 5 minutes and then the lines came back.

Could you please explain further the 'ferrites' suggestion - where do i get them and wehere do I use them?

Many thanks,

Wilbur

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You should have got 3 or 4 with the screen, and you put them on the power cables. They are those grey or black things in 2 halves that yoyu can snap shut around a cable, making a cylinder. They help reduce mains interference.

6. Wilbur

Wilbur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any ideas where I can buy ferrites? Which end of the mains cable do I attach them to?

Thanks,

Wilbur