1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paradigm Signature S2/ Arcam 300/DV29

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by WRG, Jun 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. WRG

WRG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Today, after lots of anticipation my Paradigm Signature S-2s arrived. I raced to the dealer and within a flash I was back at home to hook-up my Avr300, DV29 and the Paradigms for the first time. I quickly bi-wired the S-2's and hooked them to the Avr300. I just used an analog connection as John Dawson from Arcam suggested between the DV29 and the Avr300. Toe'd them into my listening position and put in a few CD's Jewel, U2, Sting...I couldn't believe how magnificent the speakers sound....mind you I'm really no audiophille, but I have an ear for good sound. Additionally this is the first time I hooked up the Arcam gear so a lot of what I'm hearing is an entirely new sound. My previous system was Yamaha DSP A1 with B&W Nautilus 805's and 805b and Matrix 1 Series 2 fronts listening to two channel stereo. A completely different sound sonically. And I'm sure that the speakers need some break-in time as well as maybe the DV29...but honestly, I'm floored with the sound of these Paradigm speakers. I never ever was interested in them and the only thing I knew was their name, and read some reviews. These speakers have great potential, I can't wait to bi-amp them. I've ordered their center channel the C3 and looking at the rear surrounds too, but they are very expensive as well. For a Canadian speaker..(never owned one) the fit and finish is impeccable, I ordered the high lacquer birds eye maple...they are just beautiful fit and finish...Now I'm thinking that this is the first time any music has been played with the Arcam gear and the Paradigms...If it gets better from here...well, I just can't imagine. I'm not familiar with all the professional reviewer jargon, but the best I can describe the sound is crystal clear highs and a very healthy mid range that you can feel very solidly in your gut...both laid back female vocals like Jewel, and instrumental and percussion of U2 to Sting just the first I grabbed sounded clean clear and accurate/precise...my best novice description. Anyway, if the equipment has a break-in in which the sound will even get better. I can't wait. Sorry to expose my enthusiasm in this fashion, I just really have to tell somebody...And I'm in the belief that when things settle down a bit after I get my center channel, hook up the rear surrounds and the Velodyne to the system, and things calm down a bit, I'll definitely be looking for a dedicated CD player like the CD33 or CD192, or maybe a CD36 if I swing the money..

Thanks for listening to my rant, I just had to share with somebody my excitment in better equipment than I've had before...

I'll close now but I have to give my two cents for the Arcam Paradigm signature series speaker....It's casted it's spell on me :smashin:

2. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    always nice to see someone enthusiastic ;)
    enjoy your setup ! but by the sound of it, that should not be a problem :)

3. WRG

WRG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hifi Addict, Truthfully, I've listened and owned and heard many systems over my years...but I can honestly say with the Arcam gear these Paradigm S-2 reveal themselves...thats all I can say, get a listen for yourself....all I can with the uttmost honesty is that "I have been Transformed"....what a great listening experience

4. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see that you bi-wire your speakers. Go try and to bi-amp them. It will again uplevel your hifi experience ;)

5. WRG

WRG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hifi addict, yes, that is exactly what I had in mind when my center channe arrives at the dealer. Everything will be put together at that time..I just couldn't wait to just hook up 2 channel to hear the Arcam and the Paradigm together. What craftmanship in these speakers, way ahead of my old Nautilus 805s in terms of cabinet build, finish, and driver arrangement...and no disrespect to B&Ws, they were my favs for many happy years :smashin: