1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paradigm PS1000 vs PDR10 vs Eltax A10 subwoofers

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Chucky, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Chucky

Chucky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of buying a Paradigm PS1000 or a PDR10 subwoofer.

Firstly, does anyone know shops that sell them, apart from Richer Sounds ??? Also, if anyone has one for sale second-hand let me know (I am based in London).

Is there a lot of difference between PS1000 and PDR10 ? (I heard PDR10 is lacking some kind of crossover feature, but since I am not a professor in home cinema, i woudlnt know what it means even.)

Alternatively, i may consider an Eltax A10. Then again, is it comparable to the Paradigm subwoofers in terms of performance for money?

2. Samir

Samir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chucky
    1, RS are the sole importer of Paradigm subs in the UK.
    2, Do not buy the eltac A10 you will be gutted (IMP), I would hold out because both are good subs and I have seen a few SH ones come for sale on this site.
    Also if you can fit it in go for a PS 1000, I'm currently usings this sub after upgrading from a PDR 10 and it's a big step up.
    3. I think RS in Croydon have PDR 10 in stock

Hope this is of help
    Samir (Go with Paradigm you won't regret it)

3. StJonno

StJonno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Eltax A-10, and am quite happy with it. It is reviewed on the HCC site in the hardware reviews section, under Eltax Carmargue\Atomic A10, havent heard any of the others. I was going to get a PDR10 from RS but they never had any (What a surprise!!) so i took this one and for the money I am happy with it

4. oorwillie

oorwillie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought the PS1000 from richersounds, I was told they had lots in stock. If you quote the price in the latest What HiFi magazine, you will get it for 149.99, the same price as the PDR10

5. lidders

lidders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are loads of threads on these speakers, I found them when I was looking for a sub!

Anyhow I finally decided on the PS1000 because of the deal in HIFI NEWS (paid £14 or so for post from RS mail order).

Thought it made sense after saving so much!

It sounds great. It took a bit of setting up and moving round the room. Got it right then it ran itself in and I had to do it all again!!

I think for less than £170 with postage you cant go wrong.

Still is quite a big box though!

LIDDERS

6. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The bigger the box the better! :p

You know its there ;)