1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paradigm PDR10 v PS1000

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by ghdcodriver, Nov 3, 2004.

1. ghdcodriver

ghdcodriver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you guys seem to rate the budget PDR10 as a very accomplished little sub - punching somewhat above its weight...

how does the PS1000 compare?

anyone remember the cost of the PS1000 when new?

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    The PDR10 was the equivalent model in the range below, I used to own one. Although I havn't heard the PS1000 it's generally rated abovethe PDR10. It depends how much it's available for.

At around the £300 mark there's plenty available but in the <£150 mark there's not as much, even second hand. I think the PS1000 would be a good bet in general but it really depends how much you're prepared to pay and how much space you have available.

3. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I had a PS1000 until last year. With movies I found it was excellent. I use a PDR10 with my computer which is also very good but can't match the PS1000 for output or depth. The PS1000 is also quite a lot larger. I'm toying with selling my PDR10 soon (will post in the classified section here if I do) but I would agree with eviljohn that if you have room the PS1000 is the one to go for. I bought mine for about £100 used a couple of years ago when they were less in demand. Today I'd say up to £150 for a nice one is about right. Also look out for the PS1200 which is almost the same but slighly larger again. If I decide to sell my average condition PDR10 I'd guess about £70 would be right just to give you an idea of pricing.

4. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    My PDR10 is now in the classified section if you're interested.

Thanks,

BB