1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paradigm PDR-8 Feedback advice

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by jamieperryman1, Aug 5, 2005.

1. jamieperryman1

jamieperryman1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there
    My paradigm PDR-8 sub keeps.......well it can best be discribed as feeding back. The low noise start fairly quietly and then gradually builds till it is shaking the house down. If you turn off the power and turn it on again it will be fine for a day or so and then it will happen again. Does any one know what the problem may be? Could it be the power plug/cord?
    Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

2. RSD123

RSD123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It sounds like its maybe your reciever/amplifier or the amp in the sub causing the feedback. You could e-mail Paradigm (they have very good customer service, my dad had a problem with his psw-2100 that they fixed quickly). How is the sub volume and crossover set?

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I doubt whether it's the power cord. Sounds like a fault in the sub itself to me.

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    There's nothing obvious in the componentry you're using which could be wrong so I agree with Ian that it's probably a fault. Get in touch with Paradigm and see if they can help, otherwise it will probably be a repair or replacement job. :)

5. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    The last sub i had did this and it was a loose power cord that was the problem,i would replace that first just incase .

6. spikey1

spikey1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I had a PDR-10 which developed a similar problem causing me to go out and buy a REL Q200 and new cable.

Just before I swapped the subs out I tried the new cable with the PDR-10 and low and behold no more feedback (yes I know).

I kept the REL as I think it works better with music but I miss the very deep bass on films from the Paradigm and the gap in my bank balance!!

So it may be worth changing the lead.