1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paradigm PDR-10 Vs Mordaunt Short 907w

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by jonnyv, May 5, 2003.

1. jonnyv

jonnyv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I have a paradigm PDR-10 sub at the moment and am looking to upgrade, does anyone know how the MS 907w compares with the paradigm ?

specs here:

paradigm

Mordaunt Short

thanks

2. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    pdr vs m/s
    last year i purchased pdr8(£120) from local rs,they did not have pdr10, only ms308 at £150,eltax,mission and the large paridigm,

i wanted a small sub,due to room placement, had pdr8 for about fornight, wondered whether ms308 might be worth the extra £30 , so took pdr8 back and exchanged for m/s308, i did not do a side by side comparison, and to be fair tried the m/s straight out of the box, after sometime i felt the pdr8 did as much and slightly more than m/s308 (less flabby bass) so returned 308 ,and went back to pdr8,

i am assuming the m/s you refer to is avaliably at rs for you to try /demo and see if you think its a "worthwhile"

i stress this is my opinion only,

there are others who can give you more experienced advice, who have owned pdr10 and what they upgraded to,

3. jonnyv

jonnyv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    thanks for the reply mick23, but im talking about the MS 907w model not the 308.

but thanks anyway

4. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    yes j i realize that i was quoting differance (i found) between pdr8 vs 308, you are refering to pdr10 vs the higher spec m/short sub, so results could possibly be simular.

5. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    The PDR10 is a very good sub for the price. If you want to upgrade I would be looking at one of the smaller Velos CHT-10 or VX10