Paradigm CC350

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Taz, May 1, 2001.

1. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen one of these for sale, second hand for £50 .... is it worth it? pro's and con's.....?

Taz. :cool:

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    Bargin. One of the great centres (despite difficulty in getting them from RS). Clean,well balanced. Integrates well with many speakers. Good bass, treble can be a little glassy at times. You need to go to Kef 100 to get something better. I think it is a £250 centre being sold for £150. At £50 second hand, just buy it. It is a bargin.

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i have one of these.....it was great....but its all weird now, its as if the treble has been taken over completely by muddying bass....i cant get a good sound out of it, any ideas?

4. Peter O Sullivan

Peter O Sullivan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my cc350 for about 6 months now. It is a deadly speaker. But about 3 weeks ago I blew the tweeter on it somehow, could of happened to yours? I got the tweeter replaced, costing me £40, but since that I have noticed that the treble is not as loud as it is meant to be. I have to turn up the centre speaker now to match it with the rest of my small speakers. I am bringing it back to Richer Sounds to see if they know what the problem is. Could be the same prob.
    Let my know if you come up with the solution.
    Cheers

5. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    very good speaker, i got mine from richers for 80quid new although i don't think they have any left.

I'm not surprised the tiny tweeter died, on mine it seems to do about five times the work of the two woofers.

Oh and cons:its huge!

[ 02-05-2001: Message edited by: Ars longa, vita brevis ]

6. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks alot....i had thought that maybe something had died....but the tweeter does in fact work....its just that vocals from the centre arent that clear....there are plenty of sequences when i cant actually distinguish what the actors are saying! I will be getting in touch with richer sounds. I cant tell how good a speaker it is.....i have only had it about 3 weeks before this happened....but it is definitely big!

7. csx

csx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My cc350 blew the tweater as well after about 3 months. I find the speaker a bit dull compared with the KEF97.2. It does have a fair bit of bass but nothing to jump about. It certainly is no where near as sweet as the KEF. Thats why its in the attic now