Papillon (TBA) directed by Michael Noer

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Rami Malek (Mr Robot) to Lead the Papillon remake in the Dustin Hoffman role, opposite the already the attached Charlie Hunnam, in the Steve McQueen role.

A contemporary take so no females to lead it lol? have they missed a trick :D

Directed by Franklin J. Schaffner, the original Papillon was released in 1973 and adapted Henri Charrière’s 1970 autobiography. Although a criminal safecracker, Charrière (McQueen) was arrested in the early 1930s for a murder he claims to have had no involvement with. Sentenced to life at a French penal colony, Charrière, in the film, winds up befriending a fellow inmate (Hoffman) and the pair together plan their escape.

The Papillon remake will offer a contemporary take on Charrière’s tale with an adapted screenplay by Prisoners‘ Aaron Guzikowski. Danish filmmaker Michael Noer (R, Northwest) is set to helm with Riz Aziz, Ram Bergman, Roger Corbi

Papillon-Poster-Empeliculados.co_.jpg

Last edited:
I like the original adaptation a lot. I think I can stand to sit through an updated version, it's a story that can stand up to being retold. Nobody seems to mind when they roll out yet another adaptation of a Dickens, Shakespear or Jane Austen tale and I don't personally have a problem with another stab at adapting the book, it's hardly one that's been done to death.

Read the book and saw the original film. No problem with this remake, introducing Henri Charriere's harrowing story to the wider public.
Though I doubt if it will have a score to match that of Jerry Goldsmith's brilliant music..

Why oh why? Hollywood really need to stop remaking films, it rarely works and it's boring. Use you brains a bit!

Loved the original. Wait and see what happens with this (benefit of the doubt etc.) Would like to see "Banco" made into a film.

I wonder if this'll be another film that suffers the curse of Charlie Hunnam at the box office.

I think it looks like it might be alright. I like how skanky everything looks

Yes a great film and Steve McQueen proved he could act with the best of them. Superb Jerry Goldsmith score too.
The follow up book was good as well Banco and would have made a good sequel.

Hunnam is cursed, and I have no doubt this will tank horribly. Even if it's not that bad, people won't see past the original. Anything with McQueen in is untouchable.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom