1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pany PW6 - Beginner's Questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nheather, Oct 6, 2004.

1. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,450
    I've seen a lot of praise posted about the Pany PW6. I've had a look at the Pany website and the PW6 appears to be a monitor only.

How do you get the video signals into it. Is there a seperate AV box that can be purcahsed?

Cheers,

Nigel

2. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    You can buy various input cards that you plug in the back, such as Scart, Component, DVI etc. You can have up to 3 cards but some can only go in certain slots. There is also a VGA input on the panel.

You can buy a tuner which has all the sockets on the back and connects to the screen using 1 lead. Accoring to many on the site the tuner is not too good.

Hope this helps

3. Alex Simon

Alex Simon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the price of the official tuner box, you could invest in a dedicated scaler.
    These have all the video inputs you need and will offer a far far better picture.
    Usual suspects in the scaler market are
    DVDO with their iScan HD
    Lumagen with a range starting at about £800
    Pixel Magic Systems with Crystalio (top of the range) or soon to be launched Plasma Enhancer (sub 1k).
    The latter is interesting because it is a proper 'tuner' replacement as it has front inputs, a TV tuner and I think a photo card reader all included.
    You could also look into using a HCPC (home cinema PC) there's a whole forum on here dedicated to it.
    There's a lot of reading ahead of you, but it'll be worth it.
    Cheers
    Alex