Pany Dilemma Pe30b/pv500 42''

MORANIO

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello there,
I am a novice to all this technical jargon,but after 2 weeks of trawling thru nearly every thread i still have not made up my mind and need some straight talking advice.

I put a depsit down on a Panny 42 pe30b in March as i was supposed to be moving into my new house 4 or 5 months ago,now that my house has been delayed since then,i still have not moved in. I have the chance now to instead go for the PV500 instead. But i'm not convinced.

I have been told the PE30B is a better set to have for the next year or so,as there will be little or no Hd broadcasts for the next few years. Aswell as that i get the impression that i'll have to purchase a new home cinema package (panny ht900) is not HD and the PQ will be very average.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? What will the PQ be like with current dvd system if i go for the Panny PV500 HD set,wht will the PQ be like with normal SKY package ? Will it suffer until the new Sky HD system becomes available NEXT YEAR??

Is it worth the extra €1000 euro (i live in in the rep of ire)?

Thanks

Hi

Cant talk about the PE30B - but I have PV500 42" and its a bloody good piece of kit.

Normal Sky - great (but if you are moving from a CRT, as with most plasmas you will notice poor picture quality on some channels more). Sky HD out next year if you have the cash (indications are on release the HD box with be £400) - but as with Sky+ prices will come down.

In terms of waiting to get a HD screen until HD is more widely available, its really depends when you plan to buy your next TV. In my opinion, if you have plans to buy another TV in the next 3 years then I'd wait on buying a HD screen, otherwise it would be a wise investment.

Nick

Thanks Nick,
Thats what i was sort of thinking. I wont be buying another plasma for quite a long time after this,so investment wise i think the Hd model is the way to go. Just gonna be frustrating not seeing the V500's advantages for a good while.

I agree - but the choice is yours ... for me I always go with the most up to date and proven technology I can afford with the budget I have :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom