1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PANY 50hw6 vs PIO 504hde

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by allygash, Dec 11, 2003.

1. allygash

allygash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

I have waited for the pio 504 hde to come out here in singapore(glad i waited tbrar). Now I had my heart set on the pioneer & can buy it next week, however i saw the pany 6 50hw6 & thought it looked just as good, not better just as good. The dilema.....

I've read all the threads on here re pany v pion, now i'm stuck, both same price here. I've read problems with the hdmi/dvi card on the pany amongst other things. I aslo saw a comment about normal tv being excellent on pion which is important to me. Yet it appears even u tbrar r now recommending the pany over the pion...lol

Come on guys, u owners out there tell me why u choose one over the other. I know its a bit of goin over old ground here but i'm dying here having waited so long to get a plasma :) .....

2. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I think you need to go for what is best in your eyes. In my case I went for the Pioneer 434 because after a lot of testing against the Panasonic 6 I found it to be better. You can find my comments on other relevant threads in this forum. I fully support my choice of what I bought being very happy with it. However, you will find that people are more or less split and the Panasonic owners feel just the same! If you are definitely interested to use the HDMI I would definitely go for the Pioneer!

3. lovegroova

lovegroova

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    The HDMI/DVI is fine with the 'H' model Panny, the problems only occur with certain DVD players on the 'W' Panny.

4. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Would you care to elaborate on this as I've been trying to establish the differences between the two 50" D6 models... I know that one is silver and the other black and that one is sold via Panasonic business and the other through the consumer division... I know that the menu options are slightly different (although I'm not sure what the differences are..!)...

Can anyone confirm that the silver consumer model won't accept a 720p signal, unless its via a PC and that the black business model will..?

Anyone out there able to give me a definative list of differences so I can decide which one to get..?