Panxworth Church

AMc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This ruined church is near by, driving past the geometric lines of the crop and the big Norfolk sky appealed. I had to zoom right to avoid crossing into the field.
Somehow it worked better in portrait even though it's a landscape, is it a portrait landscape or a landscape in portrait?

Taken with my Olympus E-PL5 with M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 EZ lens
42mm, f11, 1/500th, ISO 200

Cropped and straightened in Lightroom. Auto tone then fiddled with exposure, a blue gradient added to accentuate the sky and power lines removed.

Thanks for looking :thumbsup: Constructive comments are welcome!

Panxworth Church

by AMcUK, on Flickr

Nice shot with good leading lines. Would be a great shot with an UWA so that the lines converge even more towards the church. But as it stands, a really nice pic :smashin:

Nice shot with good leading lines. Would be a great shot with an UWA so that the lines converge even more towards the church. But as it stands, a really nice pic :smashin:

Thanks, given your landscape work is great I'll take that compliment :thumbsup:

In an ideal world I would have got right into the field and used the lens at 14mm as that's the widest option I've got.
As it stands I wouldn't go tramping into the middle of a new crop without permission in case I found myself looking down the wrong end of a 12 bore :eek: :) There's been a lot of hoo har recently about public rights of way near the church so I chose to tread carefully.

I've posted the also ran to Flickr and into the INV thread so Jim can say he likes it more ;)

Very nice the crop lines give a great sense of depth to the picture and love the colors :)

Great shot, absolutely perfect for a portrait shot.

Great shot - though I'd have cropped to only include the parallel lines....

Love this :) For some reason I adore landscapes that are in portrait form. I tend to take a few myself! Great colours, great subject and overall very pleasant shot!
Thanks Marika! I thought the alternative ratio might stand out a little this month ;)

Very nice the crop lines give a great sense of depth to the picture and love the colors :)
The lines in the new crop are a gift - as people are fond of pointing out "very flat, Norfolk" so it can be a challenge to get an interesting landscape composition. Lots of sky to use though!

Great shot, absolutely perfect for a portrait shot.

Great shot - though I'd have cropped to only include the parallel lines....
I tried a few different crops. In the end I liked the horizontal lines as a contrast to the converging ones. If you want to see how it looks without them there's a different version in the INV thread or a square crop I posted to Instagram (link in my sig).

Thanks for the kind comments and constructive criticism! :thumbsup:

Nice, although I prefer the landscape one (apart from the pink) it seems to radiate better, but that's only my preference.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom