Pansonic TH42PX600PED or Pansonic TH-42PX70B-PED?

dhuskiss

Standard Member
Hi All. I think I am going mad :D I have narrowed down my choice of my first plasma to either the Panasonic TH-42PX70B-PED or the TH42PX600PED. I've looked at the the posts on here and still can't make my mind up. Which magazine says that the TH42PX600PED is the best they have ever seen. I can't seem to find a write up on the TH-42PX70B-PED. Does anyone have a definitive view? Anything much appreciated. David :)

pjskel

Read the plethora of threads herein titled PX70.
The TV is only just launched, so it'll be another month or two before the magazine's have had their mitts on one to review and printed it up.
Best reviews are those from people who actually own it and use it daily with a whole raft of components.

Kidson

Hi All. I think I am going mad :D I have narrowed down my choice of my first plasma to either the Panasonic TH-42PX70B-PED or the TH42PX600PED. I've looked at the the posts on here and still can't make my mind up. Which magazine says that the TH42PX600PED is the best they have ever seen. I can't seem to find a write up on the TH-42PX70B-PED. Does anyone have a definitive view? Anything much appreciated. David :)

Have a read here:

http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/reviews/plasma/Panasonic_th37px70.htm

lgans316

Distinguished Member
cnet.com review haven't given any excellent ratings for the picture coz it still suffers from inaccurate greyscale tracking causing false contours and color banding. Also the set suffers from black level fluctuations. The dark areas remains pitch dark with not much of shadow details like the one exhibited in the Sharps and Pioneer.

PjotrrrNL

According to this review: www.* and my own experience (42PV70 sitting here for a week now) this set has a great picture!
The Pioneer has indeed a bit more detail in black area's though the absolutte blacklevel is better with the Panny.
Pioneer has still some burn in issues, so I went for the Panny.
There is no plasmascreen on the market without flaws, I think the PX70 is at the moment the best in quality for the buck...

lgans316

Distinguished Member
What's the point in having deep blacks without any definition and shadow details.

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
What's the point in having deep blacks without any definition and shadow details.

The key thing to remember is that this was according to Cnet. Personally I think you would be better served reading tea leaves than a Cnet article.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
I have been doing heavy research on Flat Panels for quite a long time and I am dead sure that this set floats blacks [INCLUDING MY PANNY]. There is no doubt that the blacks are spot on in bright scenes but when the scene becomes dark with mild fluctuations in brightness intensity then the blacks don't hold on. This problem is not exhibited in PH9 / PF9 (professional models).

I bought a Panny coz it was simply the cheap and best.

dhuskiss

Standard Member
thanks all that have replied. I was a bit concerned with the review of the 70B. It kind of indicated that with SD it wasn't great. I am not rushing for HD until there is more of it and its cheaper. What is your expierence of SD with the 70B? the 37" 70B got an awesome review - even with SD......

A

AlexA

thanks all that have replied. I was a bit concerned with the review of the 70B. It kind of indicated that with SD it wasn't great. I am not rushing for HD until there is more of it and its cheaper. What is your expierence of SD with the 70B? the 37" 70B got an awesome review - even with SD......

Excuse my ignorance, as i'm new to Plasma and LCD's etc....i'm just about to buy the 42inch px70 Panasonic.

When people say SD....does that mean viewing normal TV or Sky? Most of my use is Sky+ and the odd DVD..lots of sport and no gaming at all.

Just read the review and maybe I should get the 37inch???

Alex

dhuskiss

Standard Member
Hi Alex - yes SD I think standard def (so I guess Sky Digital) where HD = high def. Sounds like we are in the same boat. I will be getting a PS3 at some point, but we do watch alot of sport and Sky generally...so the 37" is looking pretty good at this point. That review really put me off.

David

neilybealy

i am going to be getting my long awaited 42 plasma next month and for months had my heart set on the TH42PX600CAB - i like the cabinet shape etc

i'm really not sure on the cabinets for the 42PX70 or the 42PX700

what's the 42PX600 screen like compared to the 42PX700?

The latest video from AVForums

Dog Soldiers & Flatliners 4K, Black Phone, RRR & Mad God on digital, plus 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom