Question Pansonic spares. Buy online?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by MrBungle2005, Jul 8, 2015.

1. MrBungle2005

MrBungle2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    I've been trying to source a power board for my TX-P50GT50B plasma as the buzzing from it is gettihg worse.

It's under warranty, but I'm loathe to call John Lewis as the last time I had a faulty TV they sent Martin Dawes out who treated my tv like it was junk before they had even checked it over.

All I need is a new board and I'm more than capable of swapping it out. Only had luck finding one when googling and it's a second hand one on eBay which for obvious reasons I don't want. Thanks

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,617
    You'll invalidate the warranty if you attempt to repair it yourself.
    Call John Lewis, explain the problem and your last experience with the repair company.

3. MrBungle2005

MrBungle2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Yeah I spoke to JL without giving my details, and they said they still use Martin Dawes and just apologised if I had had a bad experience before. The trouble is Martin Dawes send out random blokes who don't do repairs themselves and so don't have the first clue about how to treat equipment (or just don't care)

When I bought the TV JL assured me that because it was a latger set, attempts would be made to repair it at my home if it was an easy job. Which this is. But that is now obviously not true at all.

I used to repair car hifi and I could fit a new power board without giving away the fact it had been opened.

4. dave1956a

dave1956a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
  5. MrBungle2005

MrBungle2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Dave1956a, cheers for the link. Interestingly it works when I click on your link, but when I was googling myself my pc kept giving me a warning that that site wasn't safe to click on? Weird

6. MrBungle2005

MrBungle2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Turns out that link above is for a reclaimed board, and so could possibly have the same buzzing issue.

I did however find out that a friend of a friend works at the nearby Panasonic service centre. I asked him if he could help me out, and despite the fact my tv is only 3 years old? The part is no longer available. Pretty disgusting as it means should I have contacted JL, they would have arranged a collection and I'd have been told that it was unable to be repaired. And then I assume I'd be offered an LCD set instead seeing as they no longer make plasmas.

In other words the 5 year warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on.