Pansonic EX77 High speed copying to DVD+R?

D

dvdope

Hi All
I have always copied to dvd-r panny x16 discs at high speed on my EX77 and generally no problems. As some panny +r discs were going fairly cheap i decided to get them but when trying to copy it says i must format the disc and/or i can only use normal recording mode. I cannot see in the menu where i format the disc and am i limited to real time only recording with these discs? Bit of a bummer if this is the case!!:( THANKS FOR ANY POINTERS AND HELP :) mike

Adrian_F

Insert the DVD+R and make sure the DVD drive is selected, then go to...

Functions-To Others-DVD Management

bigalt

Novice Member
If you put a blank +format disk in and select the DVD drive the machine should display the disk not formatted message and you can select to format it from there as well as going through the function menu.

D

dvdope

thanks to both for your replies. I still seem to be limited to real time recording to disc rather than high speed which it won't let me do. Is this because the disc is +r? Mike

Gavtech

Administrator
thanks to both for your replies. I still seem to be limited to real time recording to disc rather than high speed which it won't let me do. Is this because the disc is +r? Mike
In the copy screen next to the title do you have a symbol of a double arrowhead pointing to an exclamation mark?
[ see the bottom of page 51 of the manual ]

There are a number of restrictions to high speed copy that apply to +R discs which you can see on page 52 of the manual.

The most likely explanation is that the source title is in 16:9 aspect.

D

dvdope

thank you Gavtech. Just looked in the manual and saw the ...(However, titles and playlists cannot be copied in high speed mode to +R, +R DL, +RW). Is there any way that you know with your superior knowledge (aside from buying -R) that i can get a high speed transfer? Cheers - mike

Gavtech

Administrator
Is there any way that you know (aside from buying -R) that i can get a high speed transfer? Cheers - mike
Hi Mike

I don't think so. Restrictions on high speed copying are precise and extensive for all disc types, but especially the '+' types.

If you have a look under the heading of 'Important' on page 50 you can see all the limitations which make high speed copying impossible.

It can only be possible if you can avoid ALL the limitations.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom