Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pansonic dvd recorder loopthrough problem?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by moghm, Jul 11, 2005.

1. moghm

moghm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi there,

I have a philips TV with 2 scarts, one RGb and the other s-video.

Trying to route the sky box through the DVD recorder (panasonic dmr-e55) but cant get it to auto detect when I switch the sky box on. The olnly way I can watch sky through the dvd recorder is to channel up and down until I get AV1.

Do you gys have any tips ? The out put of the sky box is set to RGB and so is the DVD recorder.

DO i have to connect one of these seperately or is there some way I can do this ?

2. Delh68

Delh68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    sky should be plugged in to AV2 of E55, & AV1 of the E55 should go to the RGB scart on your tv (that's how mine is, & works fine)

hth
    Delh68

3. moghm

moghm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks for that.

so do you have only one scart coming from sky into the dvd recorder ? Does the picture switch automatically when sky is turned on ?

many thanks

4. Delh68

Delh68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Yes - if that is set within the sky digbox settings (or if that is what happens when the dvd recorder isn't attached)

Delh68

5. hammy

hammy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Too add, Remember to make sure you use the TV out scart on your sky box and not the vcr out scart, as the TV out scart is the only one with RGB on your sky box. And set you channel too AV2 on your E55.

Hammy

6. moghm

moghm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thankyou all, this is now working thanks to your help. I am sure I tried this combination before but I suspect a faulty scart cable and tried another one

However, the next problem. The quality of the picture isnt very good at all. The colours are quite dark and i am getting some interference from somewhere. When the sky box was connected to the RGB scart on the TV there was zilch interference. Could this be down to the quality of the scart cables that I am using ? If so, can you suggest some cheap good cables please ?

many thanks