Pan's Labyrinth and ps3 sound

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Hi, having moved over from HDdvd to bluray, (my bro lent me his ps3 til i buy a proper player), i am struggling to get anything other than dolbly digital 5.1 at 640kbps out of my amp. I had this superb film on hdvd- better front end by the way, and it was in tru hd. i can get the ps3 to decode dtsma and ddtruehd and send it via linear pcm to my onkyo605,(bitstream is the one for proper players i know), but the sound on this film is only 640kbps plain old dd. Have i a funny copy ? It only says dolby digital on the box too, but reviews on here and hi def digest suggest true hd or dts ma. Please help i won't watch it til i can get better sound.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1181/panslabyrinth.html

Last edited:

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
Maybe the UK version only has DD 5.1.

The review the link is for looks to be the US version.I am assuming you have the UK version.

Last edited:

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Thanks. Is this film region free ? i will send it back.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

vader100

I bought the UK version and was annoyed to find this. I can't believe we are still getting stiffed in the UK versions. With such a great film and transfer to only have a DD track is criminal.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
i suppose we'll get a 2 disc 'special' version, when really it should be a 2 disc proper version. I had the hddvd, and loved the sound and the front end and menu were much better done, especially with the lullaby as the menu sound. I don't think i noticed much difference in the pic though, so maybe the hddvd had the same pic a the uk disc.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom