Panosonics NEW All In Ones SC-PT850/ SC-PT550/SC-PT350W

talas

Ex Member
Reaction score
At last panasonic release its new range to replace 855/990 etc...seeing as im still trying to get my hands on the sony 890..without luck..the 850 and 550 look very promising,the 850 being the replacement for the great 855..any comments info be great..specs and links below.

SC-PT850

1. Panasonic Plasma TV Matching --- HDMI & VIERA Link
2. High Quality Picture & Sound --- 1080p Up-conversion & High Power 1000W
3. Easy Set Up Sound Field by Auto Speaker Setup

Home Theater Receiver
• Home Theater Mode: Total Output Power of 1000W (RMS)
• Digital Amplifier
• Surround Enhancer
• Center Focus
• Super Surround (Movie, Music)
• EQ (Flat, Heavy, Clear, Soft)
• 4-Step Subwoofer Level Control (1, 2, 3, 4) Via Remote Control (Subwoofer Level Key)
• Auto Speaker Setup for Quick and Easy Speaker Setting
• RDS
• Quartz-Synthesized Digital Tuning System
• AV Remote Control

DVD Features
• Built-in Dolby Digital & DTS Decoder
• Dolby Pro Logic II
• Auto Dolby Pro Logic II/ Super Surround Switching (DPL II for Disc Media /Super Surround except for Disc Media)
• Dialogue Enhancer
• Advanced Progressive Scan* (PAL/NTSC) (4:4:4 Signal Processing/4:3 Shrink Function/Letterbox Zoom & Shift)
* To enjoy a progressive scan picture, a TV with progressive scan capabilities must be used.
• Cinema Mode
• Variable Zoom

• Multi-Format Playback (DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW1, DVD-R1, DVD-R (Dual Layer)1, +R1, +R (Double Layer)1, +RW1, SVCD, Video CD, CD, CD-R/RW 2, HighMAT (Level 2), WMA, MP33, JPEG, MPEG44 and DivX5)
* Products for the U.K. are not equipped with MPEG4 and DivX playback function.
• Monitor Selector for optimum picture quality according to monitor type
• 108MHz/12-bit Video D/A Converter

Input/ Output
• 1 HDMI Terminal (VIERA Link)
• 1 Digital Input (Optical)
• 1 Scart Terminal
• 1 Component Video Out
• USB Terminal for MP3, WMA, JPEG and MPEG4 Playback
* Products for the U.K. are not equipped with MPEG4 playback function.
• Front Music Port for Portable Audio Player (M3)
• 1 Audio Input for AUX

Speaker System
• 4 Tower Speakers + 1 Center Speaker
• Wall Mounting Holes

Front & Surround:
• Tower Speaker (Wall-Mountable)
• 3-Way Placement (Floor / Shelf / Wall Mounting)
• 6.5cm Full range Speaker

Center:
• 6.5cm Full range Speaker x 2
• Magnetic Shielding for Home Cinema Use

Subwoofer
• 16cm Woofer

SC-PT550

1. Panasonic Plasma TV Matching --- HDMI & VIERA Link
2. High Quality Picture & Sound --- 1080p Up-conversion & High Power 1000W
3. Digital Input for Digital Broadcast

Home Theater Receiver
• Home Theater Mode: Total Output Power of 1000W (RMS)
• Digital Amplifier
• Surround Enhancer
• Center Focus
• 4-Step Subwoofer Level Control (1, 2, 3, 4) Via Remote Control (Subwoofer Level Key)
• RDS
• AV Remote Control

DVD Features
• Dolby Pro Logic II
• Auto Dolby Pro Logic II/ Super Surround Switching (DPL II for Disc Media /Super Surround except for Disc Media)
• Dialogue Enhancer
• Advanced Progressive Scan* (PAL/NTSC) (4:4:4 Signal Processing/4:3 Shrink Function/Letterbox Zoom & Shift)
* To enjoy a progressive scan picture, a TV with progressive scan capabilities must be used.
• Cinema Mode
• Variable Zoom
• Multi-Format Playback (DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW1, DVD-R1, DVD-R (Dual Layer)1, +R1, +R (Double Layer)1, +RW1, SVCD, Video CD, CD, CD-R/RW 2, WMA, MP33, JPEG, MPEG44 and DivX5)

Input/ Output
• 1 Scart Terminal
• 1 Component Video Out
• 1 Audio Input for AUX

Speaker System
• 2 Tower Speakers + 1 Center Speaker + 2 Satellite Speakers
• Wall Mounting Holes

Front :
• Tower Speaker (Wall-Mountable)
• 3-Way Placement (Floor / Shelf / Wall Mounting)

Center:
• 6.5cm Full range Speaker x 2

Surround:

Subwoofer
• 16cm Woofer

SC-PT350W

1. Wireless Rear Speakers
2. Panasonic Plasma TV Matching --- HDMI & VIERA Link
3. High Quality Picture --- 1080p Up-conversion

Home Theater Receiver
• Home Theater Mode: Total Output Power of 500W
• Digital Amplifier
• Surround Enhancer
• Center Focus
• RDS
• AV Remote Control

DVD Features
• Dolby Pro Logic II
• Dialogue Enhancer
• Cinema Mode
• Variable Zoom
• Multi-Format Playback (DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW1, DVD-R1, DVD-R (Dual Layer)1, +R1, +R (Double Layer)1, +RW1, SVCD, Video CD, CD, CD-R/RW 2, HighMAT (Level 2), WMA, MP33, JPEG MPEG44 and DivX5)

Input/ Output
• 1 Scart Terminal
• 1 Component Video Out
• 1 Audio Input for AUX

Speaker System
• 5 Compact Speakers
• Wall Mounting Holes

Front:

Center:

Surround:

Subwoofer
• 16cm Woofer

http://www.panasonic-europe.com/news_read.aspx?id=2235

couple placeselling them..

850 http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=334455

550 http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=334455
cheapest price for 550 so far is £257.49 Inc delivery..
http://www.electricalexperience.co.uk/product.php?xProd=2945&sProd=6901

Wonder if the 850 will be able to decode DTS from an external source unlike the 855?

I give up ! I've been looking at the specs on the 550 and 850 and searching the forums, but I cant figure out what the difference is between the two ? anyone point me in the right direction please ?

I give up ! I've been looking at the specs on the 550 and 850 and searching the forums, but I cant figure out what the difference is between the two ? anyone point me in the right direction please ?
I was looking at getting a PT350 a while back. From what I can remember the only difference between the 850 and 550 is that the 850 has four tower speakers and the 550 has two tower speakers (for front left and right), and then two satellite speakers for the rear channels.

If needed you can download the instruction manuals from the Panasonic site.

I was looking at getting a PT350 a while back. From what I can remember the only difference between the 850 and 550 is that the 850 has four tower speakers and the 550 has two tower speakers (for front left and right), and then two satellite speakers for the rear channels.

If needed you can download the instruction manuals from the Panasonic site.

The 550 lacks the rear tall boy's and it also lacks the auto setup feature and micrphone. The tall boy's are 3 way speakers so the 55's rear speakers may be 2 way's.

the 850-550 have would have been talked about a lot on these forums by now but if you have any questions about the 850 i would be happy to answer them mate.. had mine for about 3-4 weeks now and its still sounds and looks the part !!! :thumbsup:

I am keen to hear from anyone with the SC-PT550 :). I was originally looking at the 350 (purely because it was silver and I have a PX60), but I have put off by the wireless rear speakers. Given that both speakers plug into a single wireless problem, this does not fit in with my room layout and would cause more problems than wired speakers (which I have cables already located for).

Having now discovered that the 550 comes in either silver or black, I have now moved onto this as my model of choice. It is proving a little difficult to find anywhere that stocks the "S" version rather than the "K", so if anyone knows of somewhere (other than Amazon) that stocks this I would appreciate your input :smashin:

i've got a silver 550 on order from my local panny store:thumbsup:

3 weeks and still no sign of it! i was told that it was officially released by panasonic only last week hence no stock anywhere...

:clap:my 'silver' sc-pt 550 came today after a long wait.

got it all set up today and its sounds really good, quite impressed although i cant stop messing about with all the sound settings!
got it hooked up to ;
50px60
sky hd
xbox 360
with all the sound qualitys of this unit im a tad dissapointed with the dvd picture quality. it doesnt seem as crystal clear as i would have liked:confused:
the best quality seems to be 576i or p ???
am i right in thinking the best should be 1080i or 1080p ???

its the same unit as used with the sc-pt850 so can anyone recommend/ share there settings so i can try them out please ???

even better if you have a px60:smashin:

Geeza,

How have you got the sound settings configured? I'm getting my 850 delivered from Laskys on Friday hopefully and was wondering how best to have it set up.

Think I've spoke to you before about wiring it up.

850 to 42PX70 - HDMI1?
SKy HD - HDMI2?
360 - Component?

360 and Sky HD via Optical Splitter to Optical in on 850?

cheers

if it helps i have;
panasonic 50px60-red/white aux
sky hd - hdmi 1
scht 550-hdmi 2
360- component
xbox 360 and sky hd in to splitter from maplin and a couple of fibre optic/toslink cables from kenable.
although i will say the toslink kept falling out ofthe xbox lead so i went to currys and got a jvc toslink and this fits like a glove:smashin:

had a fiddle on the xbox this morning and sounds ace:D

if only i could set the dvd picture correctly i would be lmao at how good this system is for the money.

enjoy

Just picked up the SC-PT550EB-K from Comet. Reserved online and took adavantage of their 15% off voucher which they even tell you about on their website. Got it for £254.99 which I think is a good deal as I don't have to worry about deliveries! :thumbsup:

leeb,
what d;ya think of the 55o then ???

whats dvd's like on it ????

Not able to connect it all up properly until early next week. I've just ordered an hdmi lead as well so I'll report back soon on how I find it on my PX70.

Hi,

I have the SC-PT850EBK.

How have you got all connected, i can't see any hdmi/component inputs?

I want to connect the following :

Plasma via HDMI
Cable box (has Scart and component outputs)
PS3

Is it possible to get it all connected so i can have the TV, Cable box and PS3 all working through the surround sound speakers?

Thanks

got my 850 this morning and well chuffed! aint got it hooked up to my Sky HD yet or my 360 but the quality of sound from dvd and my ocean colour scene live dvd was astounding. Picture quality is excellent, but aint fiddled with it much yet. optical cables arriving tomorrow for connecting to HD an 360, can't wait!

Got mine on Friday quickly set it up yesterday and connected my Sky HD via optical but cant quite get it set up properly.

If anyone has it connected to Sky HD can you tell me what your settings are.

Cheers

Paul

just bought one from the Comet website also,, can someone tell me is it better to connect using the optical cable or the HDMI cable and if someone could be so kind as to give a quick explanation as to the differece,

Many thanks,

Brian

im sure that sky doesnt broadcast 5.1 over the hdmi,only through the optical port.

im sure that sky doesnt broadcast 5.1 over the hdmi,only through the optical port.

I'm probably asking a really stupid question,,, but what would be the best way to connect everything to my new cinema system, I have a 42" Sharp LCD tv with HDMI's, Normal Sky + ( NOT HD ) and obvioulsy my new Panny Cinema system when it arrives next week,

Many thanks in anticipation

Brian.

for picture,connect the panasonic to the tv,with the hdmi,(i take it your tv,is the 42XD1EA),and the sky audio phonos,into the surround system,for audio.
and connect sky's video out,to the tv's RGB scart 1.

Thinking of replacing my Samsung TX35R with the 850, am i right in assuming this system doesn't play Divx files? would idealy like to use the system to view Divx files via the USB connection.

Thinking of replacing my Samsung TX35R with the 850, am i right in assuming this system doesn't play Divx files? would idealy like to use the system to view Divx files via the USB connection.

Unfortunately it doesn't. No idea why not as non-uk versions do! :suicide:

Other than that I can definitely recommend the 550 (& 850). Set mine up today and was well pleased with the sound and the upscaling 1080p on my PX70 looked stunning to me! :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom